Is this vibration normal? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My gut tells me this isn't going to solve the issue. I am thinking they are chasing their tale. I am preparing my lemon law letter now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this issue really a concern though?

Actually, any vibration is a cause for concern over the long term. I just replaced suspension bushings that wore prematurely from an out-of-balance tire that was ignored for too long. Not a big vibration, but after 5 months it added up. On a brand new vehicle, I expect no vibrations of any sort - not even engine idle vibrations.

I got mine back yesterday with no fix!!!!:mad: Dealer said now I have to contact Ford. I am not happy with my wobbly new Explorer!!!!!!!!!!

I got mine back yesterday with no fix!!!!:mad: Dealer said now I have to contact Ford. I am not happy with my wobbly new Explorer!!!!!!!!!!
I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience, and I would like to be of assistance. Would you mind sending me a private message with your VIN, dealer name, and approximate mileage? I would use that information to escalate your concern to help get this resolved.

Cory

I've have same low speed wobble issue. Please let me know what the outcome is from your dealer visits.

My SUV was a Dec. Build...VIN number in the 13,000K range.

Vibration when first acccelerating...

I think this was discussed somewhere else on this forum, but for the life of me I cannot find the thread. Is anyone else getting a vibration when they first accelerate from a dead stop? It only happens from a dead stop, if you are rolling it is fine. The vibration continues through second gear and then fades away.

You bet, still trying to get mine fixed. It is a nice wobble felt through the floor and pedals!!! Very annoying!

I have PM'd Ford Cust Service through this site and haven't heard anything back on this issue and the streaks on my windows. I have now involved my fleet company in regards to this issue and they have recommended that I take the 2011 Ford Explorer Wobble edition to one more dealer to see if they can figure this out! I am dropping it off this morning.

I have PM'd Ford Cust Service through this site and haven't heard anything back on this issue and the streaks on my windows. I have now involved my fleet company in regards to this issue and they have recommended that I take the 2011 Ford Explorer Wobble edition to one more dealer to see if they can figure this out! I am dropping it off this morning.
Thank you for letting me know. I received your message and sent a reply back. I will need verification before I can escalate, so please see my PM for the details.

EX2011, please private message me if you would like for me to escalate your concern as well. If you decide to do so, please include the information I mentioned previously in the thread.

Cory

Cory....You can add me to the list. I previously sent you my information but can send it again if needed. This vibration is really annoying and I am fearful it may lead to something down the road. As the previous posted stated on a new vehicle I do not expect to have vibrations at 1400 miles.

Cory....You can add me to the list. I previously sent you my information but can send it again if needed. This vibration is really annoying and I am fearful it may lead to something down the road. As the previous posted stated on a new vehicle I do not expect to have vibrations at 1400 miles.
Thank you for letting me know. I still have your information, but if you could send me a brief message detailing the history, I’ll be able to escalate your concern more effectively. Thank you.

Cory

Moo26 & pterrio, I can see why this would be an annoying issue, and I would like to lend a hand to resolve it. I would like to escalate the concern and because I already have your Explorer’s info, all I would need is for you to PM me your approximate mileage and dealer name.

Cory

did anyone get this concern fixed ? i think i have the same issue with mine. it is a wobble vibration shake it feels like it shakes to the right and to the left really quick that you can feel in the drivers seat more than the passengers seat?

I have had a new drive shaft installed, 3 new tires, and both rear axles replaced and it still shakes. It is going in for the 4th time next Thursday!!! Very frustrating!!!! I will keep everyone in the loop.

20" tires/wheels perhaps? Low profile tires are notoriously hard to keep balance and often get flat spots after sitting.

I haven't noticed anything on my 18's.

20" tires/wheels perhaps? Low profile tires are notoriously hard to keep balance and often get flat spots after sitting.

I haven't noticed anything on my 18's.
Haven't noticed this vibration on my Limited. The tires do get a bit of a flat spot after sitting overnight in the Winter but I haven't noticed it in the warmer weather.

I was coming home last night on the interstate (it just had an oil change/rotation) and noticed vibration in the wheel. I am taking it to Chicago next weekend, which is a 5 hour drive. If it's still doing it after that I'll take it in. I am wondering if that's what the shaking/shuddering is from when accelerating....

I was coming home last night on the interstate (it just had an oil change/rotation) and noticed vibration in the wheel. I am taking it to Chicago next weekend, which is a 5 hour drive. If it's still doing it after that I'll take it in. I am wondering if that's what the shaking/shuddering is from when accelerating....
If you did not have the vibration before the tire rotation then I would suspect it is possibly a tire balance problem. Perhaps it may be a good idea to have that checked first. I had that happen once with my Highlander. I took it to a shop and asked them to check all wheels as they are. Turns out only one required to be re-balanced.

I have had a new drive shaft installed, 3 new tires, and both rear axles replaced and it still shakes. It is going in for the 4th time next Thursday!!! Very frustrating!!!! I will keep everyone in the loop.

What happened?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you did not have the vibration before the tire rotation then I would suspect it is possibly a tire balance problem. Perhaps it may be a good idea to have that checked first. I had that happen once with my Highlander. I took it to a shop and asked them to check all wheels as they are. Turns out only one required to be re-balanced.

Ditto! Has same problem with my trailblazer. After tire rotation and balancing I would feel it in the seat. Seems one of the "kids" incorrectly put the tire weights in the wrong spot on a tire in the back.

Back