ISO UHF 1/4 wave & VHF 1/4 wave with NMO mount & coax | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ISO UHF 1/4 wave & VHF 1/4 wave with NMO mount & coax

Dennis J.A.A.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orfordville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Interceptor
In need of antennas for UHF 1/4 wave & VHF 1/4 wave with NMO mount & coax . I don't care about the other end. I have loads of different types.
Not looking for a hand out but then again I don't feel like waiting for the next ARRL ham fest for inexpensive ones.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have new nmo’s with 17ft of coax, I know I have quarter wave on v, not sure if I have any on u, I’d have to check my cost, I think the nmo’s were $17 each, quarter waves weren’t much 8-10 each

I have new nmo’s with 17ft of coax, I know I have quarter wave on v, not sure if I have any on u, I’d have to check my cost, I think the nmo’s were $17 each, quarter waves weren’t much 8-10 each
I could go for one of each! This is coax NMO & antenna correct?
Find them and get back to me please with a cost. If you want just E-Mail me: dennis@mia.net
Also thinking of getting lettering saying HAM RADIO ANTENNAS this way nobody thinks they are police.
I would put them on each of the rear quarter windows

To start off with I need for GMRS 462MHz to 467MHz
Do they make a NMO for a scanner?

I sent you a pm, there are many manufacturers that make a scanner antenna, personally, in a vehicle, I have never seen any difference in performance between one and a external whip, i.e. quarter wave vhf, the quarter wave has less of a profile , puts an antenna outside, and the scanner receives and doesn’t transmit.

I sent you a pm, there are many manufacturers that make a scanner antenna, personally, in a vehicle, I have never seen any difference in performance between one and a external whip, i.e. quarter wave vhf, the quarter wave has less of a profile , puts an antenna outside, and the scanner receives and doesn’t transmit.
Ok! sounds good. I will need one UHF for GMRS and two VHF one for HAM and the other dedicated for the scanner!
I haven't checked PM. yet. I just wrote you on the PM

I got the license, ordered the radio and the antennas so I'm good Thanks anyway.

Back