Issue with 2011 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Issue with 2011 Explorer

So the last two times I have driven my CPO 2011 EXP Limited (new to me in end of 2014) the climate control has not responded to the call for heat on the drivers side. It blows heat out the passenger side but not the driver's side. It happens only on cold mornings. I made an appointment at the dealer I bought the vehicle from. On my way to drop it off the system acted up as usual but after twenty min. into a thirty min. drive, heat started coming from the driver side. So guess what I had to hear from the dealer. You guessed it, "Sorry we could not duplicate the problem. We will try again in the morning and give you a call". Just like going to the doctor my car seemed to seem fine when she found out she was on her way to the dealer (would not doubt that Ford has some kind of link to the Nav. system to fix itself if it scenes its close to a Ford dealer. HAHA) Now going into summer the chance that it will be cold enough outside for the system to act up are slim. And my EXP will be out of warranty by next winter. Is anyone having this problem only when its cold out? To top it off the guy driving the morning shuttle car gave me this horror story about how my whole dash has to come out. Something I don't want to pay for myself this winter on a CPO car.
I merged your thread with this existing one on what appears to be the same issue. Post 6 shows the TSB for the issue. You can always check with your dealer to see if this TSB has been carried out on your vehicle. They should be able to call up the Explorer's history. I don't know if the CPO will cover it or not. Good luck.

Peter

Back