It finally happened!

4x4Newbie

Reaction score
City, State
St. Chuck, Misery (Missouri)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
I BOUGHT ONE!

Monday i took a 130 mile one way trip to pick it up. It's a..

:exp:
94 Sport
5spd
4X4 (push button)
Dark Blue Exterior
80's Blue Interior (haha)
160,x.. Miles on the Odo

It runs GREAT! No random thunks or whines really. The only thing mechanical wrong with it is, my guess anyways, a u-joint on the front drive shaft that pops based on speed while in 4wd only(which would make sense). Cosmetically it has the same crappy early 90's paint that everyone else has except its really not that bad. just a little oxidation on the hood in one spot and of course the roof, which doesn't have a roof rack by the way:p:. the drivers door grab handle (not pull handle) and molding is cracked and in need of replacing as well. It also has one rust hole by the drivers sill above the stock body rocker molding. Also a nice dent by the drivers taillight on the hatch and the passenger side of the bumper has been dented quite well! But the way i see it, all this stuff adds character:D! It'll all get taken care of with time tho, so it's not a big deal. I'll be posting up picks soon.

I'm planning on ripping the carpet out soon and hopefully the seats due to the smell(my guess is the previous owner was a hunter, hence the "unique" smell). So i have some questions.

Anybody have some pics of spray-in-bedliner done on the floor(anywhere carpet would be)?

Will 2nd gen seats bolt in to the fist gen?

Thanks in advance guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the family. :D

Hey man congrats on the buy! can't wait to see some pics, I haven't got the thread link handy but go to the useful how to threads there is a write up on roll-on bedliner done to the floor, and yes the 2nd gen seats should bolt right in.

thanks guys.

now someone's gotta help me figure out what this sound is. I'll post it in the tranny section tho, something tells me it has to do with hydrolics(spelling?).

welcome to the club. as for the oxidation, my neighbor's best friend, who works at a paint shop, told me it's just the clear coat that oxidizes... i went out one day and wet sanded the bad areas, and he re-sprayed the clear on it a few coats, looked perfect.

Sounds great welcome to the board. There are different sites that provide precut carpet just have to look around.

welcome

i just bought mine too 150k miles, only thing thats wrong is the rust, only two holes are on rear passenger side door sills (both sides) im gonna bondo that and wire brush the bumpers, my explorer is a dark blue/dark green i wouldn't say its teal..
does anyone know if any of those touch up paints at murrays and autozone match, anyone done this?

I think there is a section or a thread that refers to the different like paint codes.

Welcome to the Club 4x4Newbie :chug:
I BOUGHT ONE!

Monday i took a 130 mile one way trip to pick it up. It's a..

:exp:
94 Sport
5spd
4X4 (push button)
Dark Blue Exterior
80's Blue Interior (haha)
160,x.. Miles on the Odo

^^^^:rolleyes:You have a Comanche??
You should do that Cummins swap...

Cummins 3.9, I believe..., I seen it in a Peterson's 4 wheel Readers rigs issue
1poke.gif

Here's some pics. It's got character alright ;)

Paint troubles?

And the rust...

haha, mines bigger... :D

And no, I've never heard of doing a Cummins 3.9 swap into a Comanche... I guess anythings possible...

Cosmetic things can be fixed for the most part it doesn't look bad no big rust holes, that rocker don't look too bad compared to some. Are you gonna change out those auto hubs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cosmetic things can be fixed for the most part it doesn't look bad no big rust holes, that rocker don't look too bad compared to some. Are you gonna change out those auto hubs?

Good question, and the answer is i don't know! i haven't even researched it. Basically i know what i want my truck to do and to look like and i'm gonna do what i gotta to do that. So IF they are a weak point then absolutly, honestly they're not something i've researched at all. Again i'm very new to this, so please explain to me why i would?

Back