It's all for the Engine Part II - Rambo cried | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It's all for the Engine Part II - Rambo cried

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALFADAN UPDATE - Interview with CEO: Patents, Bourke engine, ICE future and more, Inline 4 5500 RPM 654HP​

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Diane Francis: The problem with electric cars​

EVs should not be seen as some sort of panacea for dealing with climate change
The hype and mythologizing over electric vehicles (EVs) afflicts policy-making and leads to costly subsidies that produce little environmental benefits, according to Danish climate expert Bjorn Lomborg.

“In Norway, there are more EVs per person than anywhere in the world and studies show that people have two cars — a (subsidized) EV car to go `virtue signalling’ and the real car for use for real stuff,” said Lomborg, president of the Copenhagen Consensus think tank and a visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution, in an interview with the Financial Post. “Norwegians use the gasoline car a lot more and drive less in a green car. A new study from a select group showed they only drove 5,000 miles a year, on average. This estimate was based on their electricity usage.”

Nor should EVs be seen as some sort of panacea for dealing with climate change. “Even if everyone switched, it would solve very little of the problem regarding CO2 emissions,” Lomborg said. “The International Energy Agency (IEA) says EVs effectiveness depend on the power source as to whether they reduce emissions. In Norway (with hydroelectricity), they generate 24 per cent fewer emissions than a gasoline car, but in China they contribute more emissions because they run on coal power.”

The head of the IEA, Fatih Birol, “If you think you can save the climate with electric cars, you’re completely wrong.” China is the world’s biggest EV manufacturer — an industrial strategy designed to reduce its dependency on gasoline made from foreign oil. But around 60 per cent of its power is generated by burning dirty coal, which means that EVs driven in China are “coal” cars that contribute to the emissions problem more than gasoline cars.

Above article, in full:

The expert cited in the article is considered dubious by almost everyone in the scientific community since he’s a staunch climate change denier.

The climate is gonna change
I don't deny it
Is it all are fault no
some of it maybe
Do we really know. I don't think so

It is changing and we have to change and live with it

Off topic posts deleted. Any more personal attacks will result in bans.

Above article, in full:

The expert cited in the article is considered dubious by almost everyone in the scientific community since he’s a staunch climate change denier.
Lotsa $$$ in the 'human caused climate change' industry! Former pres. Obama set up a carbon credit trading system BEFORE he was elected. And a couple of volcano eruptions pretty much erase all their efforts. And no mention of the effects re: climate shift, of the change in the earth's tilt, caused by another eruption several years ago. EVs are great for running around town. Rural areas, I'd rather have a ICE vehicle.

Lotsa $$$ in the 'human caused climate change' industry! Former pres. Obama set up a carbon credit trading system BEFORE he was elected. And a couple of volcano eruptions pretty much erase all their efforts. And no mention of the effects re: climate shift, of the change in the earth's tilt, caused by another eruption several years ago. EVs are great for running around town. Rural areas, I'd rather have a ICE vehicle.
Lots of people make a living in the climate change denial as well. Political careers. Influence crybabies who can’t fathom that they they simply lost an election.

If it were all junk science 99.9% of the scientific community wouldn’t be on board. I’d rather have a conventional car as well, which is why we both still own them. No one is going to take gas cars away any time soon, no matter what the troll who started this thread thinks.

i think even when evs become prevalent, still long haul trucking, rural carriers, etc will still have a need for gas, or at least diesels... heck theres a friehgtliner with a reefer outside right now.. doubt its goin nowhere for a while!

The earths tilt wasn’t effected by a volcano. A volcano eruption large enough to shift the globe would have ended us. The change in tilt is due to an oscillation that takes thousands of years to cycle, and was originally set by a collision with the moon millions of years ago.

EVs are great for running around town. Rural areas, I'd rather have a ICE vehicle.

I live 20 miles from the closest town. An EV would be perfect for us. I just pray Ford doesn't bungle the Explorer EV intro.

The earths tilt wasn’t effected by a volcano. A volcano eruption large enough to shift the globe would have ended us. The change in tilt is due to an oscillation that takes thousands of years to cycle, and was originally set by a collision with the moon millions of years ago.
It was reported as having changed the earth's tilt. Caught my interest at the time. Don't know if memory serves me on this, but prob has something to do with who gets what weather where. Will be checking back on that. Of course media didn't emphasize it, goes counter to the narrative.

It was reported as having changed the earth's tilt. Caught my interest at the time. Don't know if memory serves me on this, but prob has something to do with who gets what weather where. Will be checking back on that. Of course media didn't emphasize it, goes counter to the narrative.
interesting... but i feel like the force the volcano has it negligable compared to the total mass of the earth, as it would take alot of force to displace something this huge... in theory, i suppsoe it could but that would hve to be one super large volcano!! let me look this up ;)

Or, it wasn’t mentioned because it’s not true.

I live 20 miles from the closest town. An EV would be perfect for us. I just pray Ford doesn't bungle the Explorer EV intro.
People always think they are too rural, or drive too far, when the fact is VERY few people ever drive 200 miles in one shot.

People always think they are too rural, or drive too far, when the fact is VERY few people ever drive 200 miles in one shot.

Because we are so far out of the cities we have the most expensive fuel that I have seen anywhere. Shell is the only game in town and they definitely take advantage of that fact.

Because we are so far out of the cities we have the most expensive fuel that I have seen anywhere. Shell is the only game in town and they definitely take advantage of that fact.
or in LA where gas is 6+ soemtimes a gallon, but energy, although its a bit expensive ;) still costs lots less to fill up w/ electrons... now if only the used mkt had a good EV deal;)

Just think of the torque you can get from one of these ev cars
With like a Frequency drive style device
Shoot
I see some drag racing fun in my future
Track cars?

or in LA where gas is 6+ soemtimes a gallon, but energy, although its a bit expensive ;) still costs lots less to fill up w/ electrons... now if only the used mkt had a good EV deal;)

I have been filling 5 gal cans for my classic cars in town. 91 is $6 a gallon at the close station. They have a $1 gal difference between regular and premium. Gougers.:mad:

I have been filling 5 gal cans for my classic cars in town. 91 is $6 a gallon at the close station. They have a $1 gal difference between regular and premium. Gougers.:mad:
wow!!! here iirc its still a 10c diff betwen reg/prem... i think (i dont have to use prem, so i dont pay too much attention) at this rate the X is gonna have to go on a huge diet!! gas stations must be making big $$ right now knowing regardless well stil pay for gas, especially those w/ mid and prem!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow!!! here iirc its still a 10c diff betwen reg/prem... i think (i dont have to use prem, so i dont pay too much attention) at this rate the X is gonna have to go on a huge diet!! gas stations must be making big $$ right now knowing regardless well stil pay for gas, especially those w/ mid and prem!!!
I haven’t seen a .10 jump between regular/midgrade/premium in 15 years. I think premium is like 80-90 cents between regular and premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back