rpenner54

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Merc
Well bummer... The right side radius arm has one of the famous cracks starting right where it bolts on. So poopy poop! I am waiting for Superlift to open up so I can get this called in. Man and all I do is drive the dang thing on the street! I wish I would've done a solid axle! LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bummer they accually want to charge me $$$ just so they can get the old arm back! Dangit! LOL I don't have a credit card here that will work. I have one at home but not here, bummer... Stupid Superlift.... Plus their CSR's are not all that friendly.

You only replaced the left one when it cracked?

And now you get to do the right.. Should of know it would happen!

My extended radius arms haven't cracked - but then, they are the lastest generation ones.

And I'm suprised they wanted a credit card. I've never had them charge me anything for when I've called up, and said 'It broke.'.

Ryan, geez man you just can't win! I need to call them pretty soon, I need to get off my lazy butt and start replacing parts here as well.
If you need a ride for a few days, my Explorers sittin in the backyard. It was trying to winch out some juniper bush stumps, but found itself unable to, LOL. I need to replace the axle drop down bracket, one radius arm, and both springs... probably do both radius arms at the same time... might as well reinstall the whole dang lift, LOL. But I picked up a pretty good impact wrench this weekend, that might help :).

Tom, I know... :) I know.... Yeah the super lift guy was an ASS (Jeff). I can't belive they asked for money either! The last time no money needed and no return of the old part.

Matt your telling me! Thats why I hate this thing! LOL I have started looking into Big Bronco's. :) I could take the top off if I need to haul something big or I could accually pull a trailer. Decent prices too. I may take you up on that offer of the Explorer, I forgot to get the stupid credit card when I was at home so now I got to wait another day. Ah well. I have an impact and it makes a night a day diff on doing that. Let me know when you need help. :)

well if ya need it come on over and get it anytime... just don't keep it too long, and fix everything that's wrong with it, LOL.
Ryan, I've been watching the papers and ebay and such for an old smaller bronco, one thats already pretty built up and fairly beat up already :).

Yeah I will have to see. It all depends on how long it takes me to get the arm and to put it on. As far as fixing yours ha! LOL j/k...

Superlift bashing huh!!!

Man could i do some bashing on that friggin Superlift...
I have only had mine for like 4 months and already i have had to replace alot of broken pieces two broken axle perches , wrong coil springs(4" ), bent sway bar brackets, now a broken axle pivot bracket. well luckily i wrote them a letter telling them all this and that i sure hope we can resolve this peacefully. well im taking my lift off and they are giving all the money back paying for the alignment, paying for the broken parts that broke when the axle perches broke. i spoke to Marty he is the head guy there. well looks like im doing the solid swap!!! found a 44 in a early bronco here and they want 200 bucks and it has the hubs and everything. well i guess in my case the squeky wheel got the grease...

I don't think ill put superlift on anything else and i sure won't recomend it to anyone either...
thanks for letting me Vent out..
Later, Howard

Man your lucky! I wish I would've been that smart a few years ago. Now I just don't have the mula to do a axle swap.

Back