i've found the location of the hissing noise.. plz help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i've found the location of the hissing noise.. plz help!

G

gensic11

Ok it seems like the problem i've had with a hissing noise all this time is coming from right behind my transmission.. here's what i'm talking about... on my 97 .. say the truck is parked on level ground and you are under the truck on your back facing up towards the truck.. your head is up towards the front and feet are towards the rear.. anyway the transmission is right in the middle basically under the firewall and then directly down from the transmission (almost looks like it's connected to it) is some sort of square piece... anyway the hissing noise is coming from that square piece.. there are wires connected to it and it's right next to the cat converter.. does anyone now have any clue what this hissing noise is? i don't see any hoses or anything in that area that could cause a leak.... let me know!

I was going to guess O2 sensor but you said where the noise was coming from
was square in shape. Whats the "square" thing connected to?
Anyway you can snap a pic of what you are talking about, that would help out...thanks,
Dave

Back