Jack's SAS version 3.0 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jack's SAS version 3.0

I am consolidating my build thread and the sas build into one thread so below is a link to my original build thread in case anyone has too much time on their hands and wants to see how this whole ordeal started.

notajeep_wv build thread

the next step.. SAS parts update 2/18

Its time for a SAS, time to take making Jeeps look bad to the next level lol
Lets keeps track of how much this is costing me so I can look back at it later and think of all the other things I could have done with the money.

what ended up on the truck..

74 EB D44 with track bar, steering, 2 sets of RAs - $200
F150 knuckles, spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers - $35
MileMarker premium hubs - $80
4.89 G2 gear set - $175
4.88 G2 gear set - $200
D44 install kit - $80
5.5 WH coils - $160
Duff SAS trac bar bracket - $150
Duff Coil seats - $75
D44 TruTrac - $425
7* bushing kit - $50
Moog HD ball joints - $120
axle joints - $40
Duff steering - $350
Cooper 35x12.50 STTs - $840
custom built trac bar - $80
F250 shock towers - $30

eh, its a start

axle3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

dude who is doing the re-gear is backed up, sucks.

D35 comes out this weekend, gonna be selling hub to hub, newer ball joints, brakes, rotors, bearings, u-joints, 4.10 ring and pinion, open carrier, slight bearing noise when using 4wd, otherwise no issues. Hope to recoup some funds to get the steering kit I want.

2 beam brackets and one tie rod end away from the 35 coming out, pilot light in the pellet stove wouldnt stay lit and it got a little too chilly in the garage to do much more. next weekend is only 5 days away

Those must be new. They sound awesome too! :thumbsup:

Takes care of the sway bar headaches for those that want to DD.

The shocks and coil arrangement sounds great, I really want to see it installed now. :)

you might be able to.. im seriously thinking about getting them.

you might be able to.. im seriously thinking about getting them.

now I know youll be able to see them on a truck.. I just ordered them.

duff sas bolt on coil buckets, all hardware, 2 duff shock towers 270 to my door. universal buckets are 120, shock towers lets say 30-50, and id have 30 in grade 8 hardware so its not THAT bad. now i need to sell some more junk to recoup my budget for the steering.

if they make it in by friday.. and the driver side frame doesnt have a surprise hole when i take the factory bucket off.. you might be able to see how it looks bolted up. I am a procrastinator, although with all the stress from this work week i'll be needing some garage time to settle myself down.

i cant remember where I saw it, maybe someone can point me in the right direction. was someone using the skyjacker or superlift (cant remember which brand) ext. ttb radius arm mount/trans cross member with 44 radius arms?

i cant remember where I saw it, maybe someone can point me in the right direction. was someone using the skyjacker or superlift (cant remember which brand) ext. ttb radius arm mount/trans cross member with 44 radius arms?

That would be the Skyjacker crossmember and brackets;)

just a tease...

241.jpg

wasnt able to get much done this weekend, worked saturday and had to put front pads and rotors on the Ranger. i was able to get the radius arms sandblasted and painted after getting the duff coil buckets installed.

Back