Jaws is going solid! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jaws is going solid!

Well, it's that time. I believe I have gotten everything I need for my SAS. Right now I am working on my axles, installing gears and lockers, then my X goes on the lift the next weekend. I can't wait!! Don't worry, I'll be taking lots of pics.

I also wanted to thank especially FMExplorer for all your help. Also Muskrat and taxxman2k and CoryL, and anyone else who answered one of my many questions. (I feel like I just won an Academy Award). I would also like to thank my parents, and H. Ford, and...:D

Anyway, the list of what I'm getting is:
EB D44
EB 9"
35/12.50R15 BFG MT's
15x10 Rockcrawlers
Front and rear ARB's
4.56 gearing
RS9000X shocks
steering from CoryL
hmmm....what else? I'll remember later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, definately hard to get off. :D

And I'm not getting the sway bars put back on, there are still a lot of little things we have to add or take off for the rear.

And the gears...I was really trying to debate on what gearing to use, and finally decided on 4.56 just cause I wanted something in the middle for on/off road, and I'm saving up for a daily driver after this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looking good chris, can't wait til you get the 44 up front.

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
are your rear perches welded on yet?

not yet, we'll do that as more of a last step

oh ok, i thought something didnt look quite right...congrats on getting started, cant wait to see the finished product.

Well, we did a lot of progress today, but then hit a snag. We have to order different coils on Monday, so I don't know how much more we'll be able to do tomorrow.

My old axle...
SAS-front_0069-A.jpg

My new axle...
SAS-front_0065-A.jpg

SAS-front_0063-A.jpg

My air suspension...
SAS-front_0064-A.jpg

Fitting it under...
SAS-front_0062-A.jpg

SAS-front_0061-A.jpg

But we need to custome so sort of top bucket, the Explorer one is too small, other wise this happens, which was scary.
SAS-front_0060-A.jpg

SAS-front_0059-A.jpg

So thats where we left off...

Chris- That is sweet! I love the Arms!

Updated pics..?

Originally posted by Premier
Updated pics..?

The update is no one has time to work on it anymore. Unfortunately, the tech who's working on it has been doing wedding things the last couple weeks. But we plan on finishing it next week.....Hopefully

Looking great so far. If I were doing an EB SAS that's the arm's I'd use too!

For the coil buckets, I'd cut those off and bolt/weld up a set of EB buckets (acutally early F150 buckets were the same also). They fit just like stock and hold the coils much better. Are 6" coils going to be to much?

Well work has begun again! I don't have any new pics, but we're just trying to figure out if I need to swap the Explorer buckets with EB ones, or if we can fab something that will work. We should be done by Weds.

Update is: MY LIFE SUCKS!!!

Just thought you all should know. :(

How messed up is this:
After having my X not being worked on at all last week like promised, I was talking to my boss, and he said he charge me a lower price to have it worked on there, I just need to tow it there. Then it would be done for sure in 1-2 days. So I say fine, enough with this old guy and not fulfilling promises. So I want to call him and explain whats up, but I can't find his phone number. So I look him up in the phonebook, and call that. His fiance picks up, or ex-fiance now, and explains that he was really upset that he couldn't work on my X, but had a LOT of things on his mind. These other things were that he cheated on her with my other boss (married with 2 kids) and got kicked out of his house. So now I'm smack dab in this absurd circle. So I call up a tow truck to just take it to the shop. He comes and says it's "untowable" since it has no shocks or trac bar and he was afraid the body would fall off the springs. So after charging me $38 to say that, I'm still in my old situation.

The first tech probably couldn't care less about my car since he has too many problems of his own right now. I left a messege with him to see if he could trailer it the shop, so we'll see.:(

Man that really sux Chris. Hope things work out for you soon, everything was looking really good too!
Gary

are those fort collins 4x4 people helping you work on your truck?

So sorry to hear that Chris. If I wasn't heading to the other side of the US this weekend, I'd come down to help. That sucks and I hate to rely on people like that. Hope good stuff comes your way soon.

Back