Jaws is going solid! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jaws is going solid!

Well, it's that time. I believe I have gotten everything I need for my SAS. Right now I am working on my axles, installing gears and lockers, then my X goes on the lift the next weekend. I can't wait!! Don't worry, I'll be taking lots of pics.

I also wanted to thank especially FMExplorer for all your help. Also Muskrat and taxxman2k and CoryL, and anyone else who answered one of my many questions. (I feel like I just won an Academy Award). I would also like to thank my parents, and H. Ford, and...:D

Anyway, the list of what I'm getting is:
EB D44
EB 9"
35/12.50R15 BFG MT's
15x10 Rockcrawlers
Front and rear ARB's
4.56 gearing
RS9000X shocks
steering from CoryL
hmmm....what else? I'll remember later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let's get this show on the road. :D

Sounds awesome. What suspension lift or combo suspension/body lift are you going with to fit the 35's?

Originally posted by Bashman
Sounds awesome. What suspension lift or combo suspension/body lift are you going with to fit the 35's?

I have a Wildhorses/James Duff 6" suspension in front, then I'll do the SOA for the rear, and maybe an AAL.

Sounds like a nice setup, especially the front and rear selectable lockers. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Yeah, I beleive the lockers will be very worth it. I'm building up the axles right now, and then next weekend is the big day.

Don't do anything I did, it won't work

again im curious to how much this is gonna cost for the SAS. im selling my 4wd soon :( bye bye to the X named Overdosed.. anyway im gonna look into 98 v8.. make sure u get those pics up us gear heads love em.

Originally posted by Muskrat
Don't do anything I did, it won't work

Why didn't it work?

again im curious to how much this is gonna cost for the SAS.

Right now I spent $5000 for everything I will need. But I went all out. The ARB's were the most at ~$1400.:(

Chris, how about an update. Have you completed the SAS. I didn't notice if you had it done when I saw your truck today at Ft Collin 4x4

Tim

Not quite yet. I've ran into many problems so far. The plan now (which seems to be working) is the day after Memorial day.

Please share what some of those problems have been....this will help out anyone else considering doing this. Thanks in advance.

Oh, it's not really problems with the procedure, just problems with who I was getting my axles from, where I'm doing the project, getting the parts, etc...

Finally an updated update. Problems, problems, and more problems. Not with the project, but trying to track down all of the parts. After tooooo many months of delays.

The rear is done, as of today. Unfortunately, we got the wrong camber bushings, so we won't be able to finish the front. I'll get the new bushings Monday, and we'll work on it next week and hopefully be done by next weekend (if I don't run into many more problems)

I'll post the pics I have soon.

:D

If you are going with 35"s I think I would have gone with 4.11 gears instead of the 4.56. I have 35"s with 4.56 gears and going up the mountain I have to shift into second and keep the revs up. Just wondering!!!

Here are the pics from a couple days ago...

SAS-back05.jpg

SAS-back02.jpg

SAS-back01.jpg

SAS-back03.jpg

SAS-back04.jpg

Muahahahaha! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like you still have some dirt from Moab under that Explorer. We told you it's hard to get off.

Just an FYI, get rid of the rear sway bar, I haven't had mine on since I added my lift and I can still do 80 down hill on I-70 in the mountains without any trouble.

Back