Both:
IMGP0159.jpg

Remote Gain Knob (I highly recommend this additional feature):
IMGP0160.jpg

Power Block in Engine Compartment:
IMGP0161.jpg

Here is where they added the Dyna Mat after the "rattle":
IMGP0162.jpg

Panel to keep stuff from going under the seat where the amp and battery are located:
IMGP0164.jpg

I hope this helps anyone make up their mind if considering this conversion.

If you are in Nashville or near Nashville I highly recommend speaking with Scott from HiFi buys - they are top-notch.

--Logan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fantastic job! Looks great. In the JL Audio manual, it says that the stealthbox isn't compatible with the security sunshade, did you have it, and if so, did you need to remove it??

Fantastic job! Looks great. In the JL Audio manual, it says that the stealthbox isn't compatible with the security sunshade, did you have it, and if so, did you need to remove it??

I do have it and I actually put it back on this morning -
it fits fine (well as fine as it was before the box was in - it is kind of a flimsy cover to start with)

I am not sure why they say that because I don't notice any difference from before vs after the sub went in.

--Logan

Love it, looks great!

I do have it and I actually put it back on this morning -
it fits fine (well as fine as it was before the box was in - it is kind of a flimsy cover to start with)

I am not sure why they say that because I don't notice any difference from before vs after the sub went in.

--Logan

Hmmm...that's good to know. Thanks!!

Great pictures... Thank you so much for these. How would you rate the sound output?

With the Sony setup I'd say generously... its a 1 or 2 out of 10... Very hard to even tell there is a sub back there from the drivers seat...

Ajar

Great pictures... Thank you so much for these. How would you rate the sound output?

With the Sony setup I'd say generously... its a 1 or 2 out of 10... Very hard to even tell there is a sub back there from the drivers seat...

Ajar

Good question -
If the Stock is a 1/2 on your list the JL would probably be a 6/7 -
its enough to shake the rear view a little, but not enough to be heard far outside the vehicle -
the great part (for me at least) is since it is a 10" (as opposed to 12" or 15") it rebounds fast - good for most types of music. If you want "ground-pounding" bass you will want to look somewhere else, but as an addition to the stock system it is perfect.

You can actually feel the bass with this box - with the stock system I felt nothing.

--Logan

Adding aftermarket sub in oem enclosure?

I own an XLT without a sub but can get Limited's sub and trim panel that with it (one with sub grill instead of a "pocket")

So instead of no sub I can have - OEM enclosure, OEM look, aftermarket mono amp and either aftermarket or oem subwoofer.

Anyone tired that?
I'm assuming aftermarket sub would be better vs oem.
Where do I tap the signal for it?
what size sub is oem? 8''?

Thanl you!

I own an XLT without a sub but can get Limited's sub and trim panel that with it (one with sub grill instead of a "pocket")

So instead of no sub I can have - OEM enclosure, OEM look, aftermarket mono amp and either aftermarket or oem subwoofer.

Anyone tired that?
I'm assuming aftermarket sub would be better vs oem.
Where do I tap the signal for it?
what size sub is oem? 8''?

Thanl you!
I have moved your post to this existing thread on subwoofers in the 'Modified' forum.. You can also check out; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383488&highlight=subwoofer

All these were found by using the 'Advanced Search' feature looking for "subwoofer".

There are a few more threads on upgrading speakers etc.

Peter

Back