johnny5_72's 89 Ranger Dana 30 SAS | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

johnny5_72's 89 Ranger Dana 30 SAS

Here is the link to my car domain site.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2209152
It has been a long three year process reasearching, building, and collecting. I still have a few things to decide on like shocks and my explorer axle swap on the back. I am just ready to take er out and drive it. I will post more pics of the suspension and crossmember and hopefully some action shots later. I welcome all questions and comments. This site is awesome and it would have been alot harder to accomplish without it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

man it looks really good ! i really like the radius arms ! nice ! do you DD this truck ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was when I first got it together. The mitsu tranny was making noise before I did the Sas and only got progressively worse after. I just picked up a mazda 5speed and a bw1354 manual case. DD again real soon. :D At least 50% of the time. :rolleyes: C-ya.

Whoops. Sorry about that. :confused: I will take some pics and get them to you.

The Ranger Station

Has anybody checked out the dana 30 write up in the technical library? That is one damn fine ranger all the way at the bottom.:D I have no idea how he picked mine out of all of them. Sweet!

Looks great. You want to build me one of those crossmembers :)

yeah right!

The crossmember and the frame brackets are my favorite parts as in the way they turned out and look. In that same sense, they were also the biggest pain. I wanted to make the bends on the x member all one piece but my buddy did not have a die that was a small enough radius to pull it off. So then I had to section it and weld it. It was a major hooker! Fun, but very time consuming. Thanks for the comps.

John

I am glad I found this thread after looking at the TRS tech page. I'm going to a D30 on my 90 Ranger as soon as I can find a HP with 4.10s. Really nice work. Was wondering if there is a better shot of your trackbar mount...

truck update

I have been driving this truck again about 30% of the time normally and 100% of the time when the weather is rough. I have driven it to work for the last six days solid putting 80 miles a day on 35's that I run on it now. The truck had been on the back-burner for a couple of years, but I think it might be moving back up front!:)

can you get some more pics of the trackbar mount on axle and frame ends? was that a stock trackbar or what? also where does the ranger steering end and the jeep begin at?

Johnny5 you still in warrensburg? I'd love to meet up with you sometime to see your truck in person. I live in Odessa so if your still in warrensburg that's not too far.

Back