Joining the family and looking to start modifying :) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joining the family and looking to start modifying :)

jtviolet

Reaction score
City, State
Delphos, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello all,

I recently purchase a 2020 XLT with 75k miles for $18,500. I'm having a full-service done to the vehicle by my local Ford dealer (well-trusted over the years). After it gets a clean bill of health, I want to do some upgrades. First, here's a photos of the new-to-me Explorer:

69342906904__4D9F3191-C3D9-4BBF-BAE6-AE7B430AAC51.JPEG

Here are the upgrades I'm thinking of, but please tell me if I'm missing anything else fun.

• Blackout grill
  • OEM Black Ford emblems
  • Rain guards
  • Weather Tech mats for all rows and trunk
  • Upgrade reverse lights to LED
  • These center racing stripes on hood
  • Powdercoated/painted calipers
  • I'd also like to upgrade the rims (they look like 18"?) to 21" OEM black rims. Would love suggestions here so I get the right ones.

Any other suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$18,500 seems like an extremely good deal, was there a catch? Welcome to the forum!

Hello all,

I recently purchase a 2020 XLT with 75k miles for $18,500. I'm having a full-service done to the vehicle by my local Ford dealer (well-trusted over the years). After it gets a clean bill of health, I want to do some upgrades. First, here's a photos of the new-to-me Explorer:

View attachment 437605

Here are the upgrades I'm thinking of, but please tell me if I'm missing anything else fun.

• Blackout grill
  • OEM Black Ford emblems
  • Rain guards
  • I'd also like to upgrade the rims (they look like 18"?) to 21" OEM black rims. Would love suggestions here so I get the right ones.

Any other suggestions?
Welcome! Go for some ST rims that'd look great!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome. Nice looking Explorer.

Hello all,

View attachment 437605

• Blackout grill
  • OEM Black Ford emblems
  • Rain guards

Any other suggestions?
welcome, thats a great deal! and looks like a good list. any performance uogrades planned?

Wow, so many kind replies--what a cool place!
$18,500 seems like an extremely good deal, was there a catch? Welcome to the forum!
My father sells heavy duty trucks and trailers, and as such is considered an "automotive dealer". He took me to a bulk car auction that only dealers can go to, and I picked this up.

Welcome! Go for some ST rims that'd look great!
Admittedly, I don't know anything about cars, I just like them. I pay a local shop to do anything for me. I'm a software engineer by trade, and that's where I spend all of my time.

Do you have suggestions on this? It looks like I have 18" rims now, can I upgrade to 20-21" rims? Can I just pickup 21" black ST rims and expect them to fit? Sorry for such simple questions.

welcome, thats a great deal! and looks like a good list. any performance uogrades planned?
Well, I'm hoping to learn what is possible to upgrade here. Do you have any suggestions on what could be upgraded, or a place in the forum to read more about different upgrades?

My father sells heavy duty trucks and trailers, and as such is considered an "automotive dealer". He took me to a bulk car auction that only dealers can go to, and I picked this up.

Admittedly, I don't know anything about cars, I just like them. I pay a local shop to do anything for me. I'm a software engineer by trade, and that's where I spend all of my time.

Do you have suggestions on this? It looks like I have 18" rims now, can I upgrade to 20-21" rims? Can I just pickup 21" black ST rims and expect them to fit? Sorry for such simple questions.

Well, I'm hoping to learn what is possible to upgrade here. Do you have any suggestions on what could be upgraded, or a place in the forum to read more about different upgrades?
there is a modded section, usually the mods wi be in there. mishimoto makes some upgrades ;)

Yep they'll fit perfectly.

Is there a good place to buy them? Or just pick them up off of EBay?
There was a nice pair that showed up on explorerst.org for $1k (a very great price).

Welcome! I'd get the rain guards for sure. Looks like you got your Explorer before a dealer snapped it up! I'm actually acquainted with Delphos, Ohio, some years back. Nice little town! Best wishes on the mods.

Back