Judgement Day Carnage | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Judgement Day Carnage

Well, I am going end up with around 6" of lift so we have to figure it out when its all bolted together.

The rear shock mounts are going to be totally different that stock, more angled so I get more travel.

The fronts are going to be longer and have a tube type mount top and bottom instead of the stock post at the top.

Tom, does your friend like the MX6?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great Photography Rick!

This photography reminds me of the great article Rick shot photos for in the 4 Wheel Drive Sport Utility Magazine several years ago. And, yes. I still have my copy of that article/magazine!:D

-Ken

Originally posted by BKennedy
Tom does your friend like the MX6?

he says they are little soft for the weight of the explorer..

I've got F350 versions (11.5" of stroke) on the zuk, and they are stiff. I'm not totally sold on them yet - I think they are little too stiff.

Sorry Rick, this is rapidly becoming a shock forum thread.

Tom, you have the MX6 on your zuk? You can order any valving and travel (in 2 inch increments) you want. I think they are available in 6, 8, 10 and 12" of travel.

And Rick, the pictures are really great, too!!

Originally posted by BKennedy
Tom, you have the MX6 on your zuk? You can order any valving and travel (in 2 inch increments) you want. I think they are available in 6, 8, 10 and 12" of travel.

Brian, I've had them since Dec.. The people I've talked didn't have a clue how to get them by size or valving. You had to order by application.

Who told you that you can order that way? Calling Procomp will just get you a bunch of idiots (my friend called, they said they don't make studded shock, only eyelet style.. they do..)

I just stumbled upon this old trip report and thought I would bump it up 17 years later ;)

@Rick Was that a stock rear 1330 drive shaft that you turned into a twizzler?

Yes that was a stock driveshaft. I now have 1/4" wall chrome moly shaft.:chug:

Back