jump starting efforts caused system shutdown | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

jump starting efforts caused system shutdown

dustymay

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 ford explorer
2011 ford Explorer with dead battery. Attempted jump with portable jump start device, not enough power to start the car. Waited an hour, tried it again, same results. Brought in my F-150 to jump the explorer and the entire electrical system had shut down. Someone at the dealership mentioned the anti theft device may have activated. Any suggestions for getting me back on the road without a tow to the dealer? (50 miles on way)

2011 ford Explorer with dead battery. Attempted jump with portable jump start device, not enough power to start the car. Waited an hour, tried it again, same results. Brought in my F-150 to jump the explorer and the entire electrical system had shut down. Someone at the dealership mentioned the anti theft device may have activated. Any suggestions for getting me back on the road without a tow to the dealer? (50 miles on way)

Hi dustymay,

I recommend calling Roadside Assistance at 1-800-241-3673 so they can help. Keep us posted on how things progress. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back