• Register Today It's free!

Junkyard Xs?

TTG

Reaction score
City, State
Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Just wondering how common Xs in junkyards around y'all are. Here in South Florida they're pretty much non-existant. People fix them, even if they're totaled and just send em over to the islands. Was wondering if it was this way all throughout the country.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are quite a few around where i live. Doesn't really seem to be a problem for me.

Lots in my area, but they get stripped real quick

There are not a whole lot in the yards around here, and they get stripped down QUICK. :eek:

They are somewhat common here. You have to keep checking back at the junkyards because they get new ones in every few weeks.

Not common at all here. I have only found a few 1st gens and they were stripped to just part of the shell and the frame. :(

Try www.car-part.com for locating specific parts or yards. I visit many different yards depending on the part/price.

Say Aaron, would you keep an eye out for a 99-01 Explorer 4dr. with the rear leveling suspension? I need the ARC module, height sensor/brackets, and possibly the air lines.
I've been checking around for a month with no luck, thanks. Some Explorers are here most of the time, but certain stuff is hard to come by.

There is a possibility that you can find a few 1st gen X's in the NYC/NJ/CT area. But you can be sure that they will be in terrible shape and stripped. 2nd and 3rd gens are still on the road or have already been crushed.

here first gen plenty out of 10 in each junkyard 8 are complete
2cnd gen 7 in the yard but NONE have motor tranny or t-case but rest are there just bought a resse hitch of a 01 for $30 bucks
3rd gen none!

project92 said:
here first gen plenty out of 10 in each junkyard 8 are complete
2cnd gen 7 in the yard but NONE have motor tranny or t-case but rest are there just bought a resse hitch of a 01 for $30 bucks
3rd gen none!

Wish I was there. If you get back there in the near future, would you ask if any of those are 99-01 four doors? I need an ARC module from one of those years, and the ARC air lines if they are easily removed. That ARC is a rear leveling system, rear air shocks.
Most yards don't inventory stuff like that, so I haven't been able to search effectively out of town. Regards,

ROWS AND ROWS

they sell alot of 4x4s in colorado....

all the time. rotate every 4 weeks but there are almost 2 or 3 at a time

i have a yard that i go to. that only has explorers. thats all he deals with. he has about 15 2gens
3 first gen
0 3rd gens
2 sport tracs all 4x4 autos

he rebuilds some an sells them. the rest are for parts.

I think it might be time to move to Anchorage :p

Who wants to room with me?

Back