• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park Explorer #03

Aeromax

Reaction score
City, State
Moose Jaw, SK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer XLT 4.0L 4x4
Started May 2012, I ended up buying a '94 Ford Explorer XLT (4.0L V6 4x4) on the 22nd after a few weeks of searching JP Jeeps and wondered if anyone has done the Jurassic Park tour vehicle. Haven't found any in Canada (not a surprise) but had finally found my inspiration from a few who have done it in the US! Such as Kris Guilboux's JPX which is quite simply put, pure awesomeness.

So far, it's been only maintenance and parts replacements. I'm hoping to sand it this summer and have it painted by fall. Here's a picture I snapped last summer after a big storm...

Right now, it has new BFG ATs, brake pads, rotors, shocks, serpentine belt, a big AGM tech battery, iridium spark plugs, NGK ignition wires, radiator (it was COLD having to drive a few times during the winter in -30°C/-22°F). It runs great and has seen a lot of miles since... Have been using Mobil 1 full synthetic motor oil.

Currently, I'm in the middle of installing new headlight housings. One is already in but the other is still being shipped, it looks great with Sylvannia Silverstar ZXE bulbs and even better with HID 6000Ks. However, I'm having an internal debate about using the HID kit with having new housings... They are not good with reflector housings and is best with projectors. Anyone know of anyone who's tried to modify theirs with projector headlights? Hmm...

It's got a burgundy red interior that was at first, a mess but I detailed it well and it looks close to new now. I honestly think I'm going to stay with the red interior, it looks great and is in good shape, no damage except a small spot on the driver's seat with a tear that can be easily fixed.

New hang tag soon with 003 that looks much more accurate (mine was rushed at the time I bought the Explorer) thanks to an owner of a Jurassic Jeep 12. Interior LEDs I'm definitely keeping... I've always wanted to put them deep inside the vents but haven't figured that one out yet. The GoPro is great, did a time-lapse but haven't uploaded that one yet. Anyway, updates to follow!

Back