Sneak Peak: My Jurassic Park Explorer | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sneak Peak: My Jurassic Park Explorer

well this is the second version of the tour program video. The biggest issue I have regarding image quality are when then video get rendered , uploaded , and re rendered again. Good thing these tv's are really small at least.

Anyway , I added a lot of videos and changed the maps and splash screens and added other little things like ads and thing during the stopping points.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Watched part of your video. That's really impressive I like it

Dude that's phenomenal! Is it youtube's encoding that's decreasing the quality? I'd love to burn this to a DVD and start using it in my car asap.

Also, I'll send you better version of that splash screen in just a moment. That's my latest attempt but it's a bit overexposed and washed-out, and needs a slight color adjust too. Same thing with the island though, needs a little help to bring out the orange bits on the map.

All-in-all this is sooo good man. I love all the ads and the details you've added. It really has a great feel.

Updated images for you daemon

http://i.imgur.com/TAATYe8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8FrjU0n.jpg

well this is the second version of the tour program video. The biggest issue I have regarding image quality are when then video get rendered , uploaded , and re rendered again. Good thing these tv's are really small at least.

Anyway , I added a lot of videos and changed the maps and splash screens and added other little things like ads and thing during the stopping points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRPFm39B-RQ&feature=youtu.be

Got some wiring done today.

Wut wut!
e5vinI3l.jpg

Used LEDs so CAT5 wire got the job done handily. Ran into no issues connecting the resistor for the 'prove out' on the battery light. Light works, battery charging not effected, worked great.

When connecting this OBD2 brain up do you think I need to use the little fuel gauge amp board? (This thing)
EBCpw9il.jpg

It's on the circuit for the fuel gauge but it could very well serve additional necessary functions.

Power goes to the gauge first, then to the sending unit.

The amp board will need to stay.

No data to or from the computer for the fuel gauge.

Power goes to the gauge first, then to the sending unit.

The amp board will need to stay.

No data to or from the computer for the fuel gauge.

Thanks for that. I'll put it in a small project box and wire it back into it's proper place. Easy peasy!

Scoodi i love this project, the truck is coming along so well! Its my favorite JP project (the others on here are great too) and i cant wait to see more progess on this! :thumbsup:

hmm comments buy the guys on uproxx are kinda unwantedly mean, sometimes i hate people on the internet that bash other people for being on the internet.... its really cool that you are getting on all these blogs though! so i was curious, whats your current plan on the famous bubble roof? if any right now?

I've talked to a local plastics company that is capable of making it, they just don't seem very willing. It's a "one off" so I understand their reluctance. I think taking some time and meeting with them in person would yield better results but I haven't made it out there yet.

yea meeting them in person is a good idea, and if they dotn want to do a one off then i would assume they would do it but for a lot more money.. maybe get ahold of some of the other guys making JP explorers and see if they want to do like a group buy? would kind of take some of the uniqueness from urs (as compared to you being the only one with a bubble roof) but u could get it and it would be cheaper, and im sure the other guys if any would be very happy as well haha

You know I'm thinking that when asked to put a "skylight" on the roof, the build teams first thought was.

"Skylight"

And that is probably what they used. Cut and heated a bit here and there to get the shape not so "skylighty".

curbmountdome_zps52962233.gif

The back portion could be fashioned over one of these green-house planters 48" x 72" x 6" deep. A little spray foam, file, cut, sand and cover with fleece and fiberglass resin just like the speaker box guys do, and wa-la!

707190_zps9aa450de.jpg

I looked at loads of skylights but couldn't find one that was the right size. The production crew had the dome custom made by a shop just south of hollywood. I've actually talked to the people there but they want way too much $ to make the bubble for me.

SO I'm finally screwing around with this OBDII brain and after several hours of marking wires and such I finally got the harness sorted out enough for testing. I go to hook up power to the unit and BAM I fried something on it. It hooks to 12V right? I mended the trace that failed with some solder and succeeded at blowing the mend out 3 more times. I'm connecting the two "power" wires to +12V and all the various "power ground" (black&white wires) to a ground wire. Immediate failure every time. I may have killed some surface mount voltage regulator or something but it's acting like a short more than anything.

Any ideas guys? I'll keep going over my notes in the meantime.

wish i had some insight but you seem to know way more about it than i do... u check the board itself for burn marks from a bad short on it? (kinda like the 2nd gen radio display issues?)

Yeah there was a burnt trace on the power input part of the board.

Huuuummmmmm.. .. . .. .... .

Yeh, ummmmmmm mmmm.. ... .. . .

Obviously there's a short.

Question is where.

Double - double check that one of those black/white's isn't a blue/white but hard to tell the difference kind-a-thing.

Not sure but the case may also need to be grounded. Probably just through the mounting hardware. Can't really see how a floating ground would cause a flash-out though.

Maybe the PCM was damaged during handling. Foreign object, etc.

Double check that you "for sure" have the right pin-out for that PCM.

Pin out is correct.

All b/w wires are bundled together coming off harness, same goes for red so I know those are right. Does it matter if I hook them to battery power or do I need to hook them to a "key on" source? Shouldn't make a difference right?

EDIT: I basically disconnected everything except for + and - wires and it's still shorting. Do I need more connections to be made or something?

Also, does the wire coming off the VSS enter the cabin at all? I've found it coming off the speedo gear housing but lose track of where it goes pretty quickly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Six separate threads on Reddit and not one single mention of ExplorerForum? Tsk Tsk

Back