Just curious........... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just curious...........

Out of the 7500 members we got on the site how many of you are "Elite Explorers?" I mean I'm really surprised that more people don't try to help Rick out with the site. I mean come on its only $30. I'm not tryin to sound like an A**hole here but we all seem to get upset when something on the site goes down or something like that. Me personally I would've paid more then $30 to become an "Elite Explorer" and help Rick out. Gees its only the best Explorer site out there.:D

One thing I am glad for right now is that you have to be an elite to post here(i think) and flame me for this!:nono:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really appreciate your thoughts and comments. i have also gained immensely from this site. Last summer was a great example. I drove from Phoenix to Chicago and met with friends from this site in nearly every state in between.

I have made literally dozens of new friends of people who I have met and others who I have just chatted with online. I have also learned a lot from you guys which in turn saved me money :D

Starting the Ford Explorer enthusiast page and seeing it through to this point is one of the greatest accomplishments in my life and I feel i have a lot of other things to be proud of as well. This one just seems to benenfit the most people and I find great satisfaction in that.

I do feel like I need to apologize to a lot of the "Elites" though for not following through with the stickers in a timely manner. It turned out I'm not much of a mail order sales kinda guy. I just get to overwhelmed with day to day stuff and some things get pushed back... in some cases months:( At this time I do believe everyone has been taken care of who was supposed to get a sticker.

Several months ago I took off the offer for the sticker for Elites so I wouldn't disappoint anyone else.

As most of you have seen I have added a few perks this month and I have one more biggie up my sleeve which I think everyone will enjoy and I hope it will be an incentive for even more to join. Details to come :D

Thanks again for all of your support!:chug:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

C'mon Rick, now you make me feel that I will miss out on joining now because I could have held out for a freebie. Oh well, I'll get a new screen name if you are handing out solid front axles or 302's for the new elites when that deal comes around(just remember me)

No, no one will miss out on this... Elite Explorers that is. All Elites will be able to use this upcoming feature.:D

So Rick when can we be expecting this secret feature? C'mon don't hold out on us!! Dannys right, huh? Your going to give us all pre-cut dana 44s, huh? C'mon Rick tell us!!!!! :D

I chose to hang out for a few weeks to make sure I was going to stick around. After a few mods and getting to know some of you I was hooked. I signed up as an elite explorer a few days ago. I know first hand how much dedication it takes to update and maintain a website of such magnitude, especially w/ a full time job on top of that.. 3 cheers for Rick!

You Da Man!

:chug: :exporange :chug:

Yes what others have said on this thread are true. We have met a LOT of nice people and have learned a lot about my Explorer.

I bought my Explorer just to build it to four wheel, but I didn't think it would end up like it has if it wasn't for all the help here on the board.

Like Rick, I had the chance to meet other Explorer owners off the board in Chicago. If it wasn't for this board I would have gone to Chicago and just set in the motel room that first evening.
I didn't get to wheel with them, but I did get to see there rides.

Then there are the runs that everyone works hard at getting together. Once you have been to a run you will understand the hard work these people put in to get everything put together.
I would just like to say if you have a chance to go on one of the main runs make the plans and go.

Then you will see the "Elete Explorer" will mean more to you.

Dont forget pitiful lil me

Even though I know I am probably the least posting Elite out there. I still feel that this site is well supported. Now if only I could find the time to join ya'll in some runs. Keep up the great work Rick and everyone else invovled in the site. And to all the other Elites you guys and gals are the best. If it wasnt for ya'll then I wouldnt have done the things that I have.

:chug:

DIDO

Yea, I am gullty of not getting out on the trails/posting has much as I should as well. But I do love the site, and the updates to the site keep coming.

I would also like to give a big thanks to the Ms. Rick, has she putts up with him doing this for us.

You have installed some explorer pride and I think I will go buy some stickers!:usa:

Re: DIDO

Originally posted by gage
I would also like to give a big thanks to the Ms. Rick, has she putts up with him doing this for us.

Otherwise known as Char :p

I know this site has saved me money, but the links everybody posts for their favorite toys ends up costing me money...

But it's a cool forum, and I didn't want it to go away, so I joined awhile back.

Be looking for my project posting. I have my X interior out, if I can get my wife to let me use the digital camera I will take some "before" pictures...even though there has been a lot done over the years.

3 cheers for Rick and all the other Elites!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

and BTW

IMHO, and I do not know Jeff, or even his last name, but a link on his site on Explorer Maintenance is the one that got me a long time ago. He takes donations, so throwing him a bone or two wouldn't be a bad idea. His site has a lot of useful information.

I'm throwing him $10 right now.

Joining PayPal is free... just click on his paypal button on his page.

:rolleyes:

That's Jeff Singleton's page. I have contributed to his site as well. Very informative.
Dead Link Removed

bump.....:D

well i sent the money for eliteness on saturday. any idea how long it takes before i get it activated? not in a big hurry or anything, just curious. i don't even have a pic yet to put under my name.
i honestly didn't feel like i was a true member until saturday when i did my first mod of swapping the mono leafs for the 4dr pack and putting on warrior shackles. but i loved the new look so much and that only happened because of this site. before, i was just dreaming about all the mod stuff and getting info. i think that is why a lot of folks don't send in $$ for elite status. they just like to read and see pics and dream, but don't plan on REALLY using the info. that's how i was until i did my mod. now i'm hooked and will definately use knowledge i have gained from this site!

I feel great now...I AM NOW "ELITE".

Give me until the end of the day. I just got back from Truck Haven last night :D

take yer time.. i'm in no rush. i wasn't trying to push it along, just being curious.

I just can't wait to have my X under my name....YEAH!!:D

Back