Just got a 1994 Ford Explorer XLT!!! =) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got a 1994 Ford Explorer XLT!!! =)

You guys should try " Satin Black" on that Explorer. Had it on my stang before I upgraded. Planning to do it to my Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unless your running a Winch, or lots of extra lights or some other stuff while the truck is off then you don't need a deep cycle battery.

If your going to wheel your rig I would recommend you go with an AGM "style" batter. Optima is the one most people know of but Sears has some too.

The AGM battery doesn't outgas like a normal wet cell battery which cuts down on corrossion but more importantly its doesn't leak water/electrolyte out of the battery vent when you get the truck leaning at odd angles.

~Mark

Unless your running a Winch, or lots of extra lights or some other stuff while the truck is off then you don't need a deep cycle battery.

If your going to wheel your rig I would recommend you go with an AGM "style" batter. Optima is the one most people know of but Sears has some too.

The AGM battery doesn't outgas like a normal wet cell battery which cuts down on corrossion but more importantly its doesn't leak water/electrolyte out of the battery vent when you get the truck leaning at odd angles.

~Mark

Nice info, yeah I was reading stuff about Optima. I will check it out, I plan on running a nice Audio system, HID Fog lights, HIDS headlights, some nice Interior lighting, maybe nice lighting in the cluster. so yes deep cycle is what I need, and something with high CCA, its gets cold here in the north east.

Nice info, yeah I was reading stuff about Optima. I will check it out, I plan on running a nice Audio system, HID Fog lights, HIDS headlights, some nice Interior lighting, maybe nice lighting in the cluster. so yes deep cycle is what I need, and something with high CCA, its gets cold here in the north east.

Just for FYI purposes Autozone has their own type of "gel cell" battery... it is kinda expensive, and I'm not 100% sure if it is a gel cell or not.... just food for thought.

Back