Just got back from mudding | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got back from mudding

JSUkid06

Reaction score
City, State
Athens, GA. (home) Jacksonville, AL. (school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 sport
Hey guys well i finally got the explorer into some good mud and trails. We had a blast. Even with just 2wd i didn't have that much trouble. The only problem i had was these trenches in the trails. One of the rear tires would get completely stuffed and with the open diff the other tire wouldnt move so no traction. My buddy has a new FJ so he just pulled me out quick and easy. When we got to the mud hole we had an absolute blast. There was about a foot and a half of mud. with loose gravel on the bottom. I can't believe i never got stuck out there. At one point i was up to my door jams in mud flooring it and i still got out. I love these Nito Mud crawlers they are awesome. I had a blast even in 2wd. My buddies i went with were preety impressed with the performance as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let's see some pics :D

-Rich

Sounds like fun, have you considered an automatic locker for your 2wd if you plan to do more?

Yeah I'm definately looking into a locker when i get the money to regear to 4.56. By then It will definately be able to handle itself preety well on the trail. For a 2wd at least. Anybody have any ideas on how to get the 4.0 a little bit more torque? I'm guessing maybe headers and a new cam?

:ttiwwp:

where are the pics?

Those are parking lot pics! Where's the off road pics? ;)

HAHAHA yeah i know. Sorry guys no action pics yet. We're going preety soon i believe so hopefully we will get some with my buddies digital.

Did you come through Western NC a couple months back?

I seen a Expo Sport that looked like yours going down the road a while ago...

Mickey

nice looking rig, what made you choose those tires? for the price i would rather have some boggers or iroks

Hey scott yeah man i was up in the raleigh durham area a while ago about august or so. 95offroad the reason i chose those tires was tht they are great all around tires. They perform really well on the street as well as in the mud. Some of my buddies back home recomended them as well as they shop i got em at. Thanks for all the comments guys!

I'm going to move this thread from "Offroad Explorer Projects" to the "Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion" section

Well Raleigh is a good bit from me, like 6 hours or so... if you were anywhere near the western part of the state near Asheville and a little further south... that's where I'm at.

Mickey

Back