When Meat Meets Mud (photos)

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Well, here we go again. Saturday was another mud bogg in King William County, Va. This time I put my junk in the mud and made two sucessful passes. Explorers rule. This is the meat wagon in, out and after the mud.

Attachments

• DSC01394.jpg
    DSC01394.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC01395.jpg
    DSC01395.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 416
  • DSC01401.jpg
    DSC01401.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 420

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are a couple other X photos.

Attachments

• DSC01385.jpg
    DSC01385.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 427
  • DSC01399.jpg
    DSC01399.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 411

Here are a couple of Jeep photos. Note the stuck cherokee.

Attachments

• DSC01409.jpg
    DSC01409.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 403
  • DSC01397.jpg
    DSC01397.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 409
  • DSC01388.jpg
    DSC01388.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 408

This was one of the stupidest thinks I photographed the whole day. Listen to you mama when she says don't go into a mud bogg without doors and windows up.

Attachments

• DSC01404.jpg
    DSC01404.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 412
  • DSC01405.jpg
    DSC01405.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC01406.jpg
    DSC01406.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 409

That's awesome....i wish i had the money & inclination to actually use 4wd like you all do. I'd love to get into that.

Cool pics man! Wish they did something like that up here. I'd be up for it.

Once I get my X lifted, I'll have to try that place out. I live in Richmond. Nice pics by the way.

I was pretty satisfied with how my X made it through the mud. A lot of trucks with bigger tires and louder exhausts had to be towed out of the mud. Over and over it became evident that the most important modification was traction devices. I have limited slips front and rear. The truck that were running open differentials were the stuck trucks. It only took me about a hour and a half to rince off the underside. I had to lay on the ground to clean up my X. Later in the day the holes got much worse.

Here is a link to some other mud boggs http://www.webspawner.com/users/vamudboggersschedule/index.html

I am not sure about other boggs in King William, I am sure ther will be more. The boggs in king william are strickley for bragging rights only, no prizes, no rules.

I wish they still did mud boggs around here I miss it alot

Glad to see the explorer crowd being represented. :thumbsup:

I just don't understand the point of running down a strip of mud :confused: Not my idea of fun especially since I hate mud. :p

I like the 2x4 'door' on the suburban though :)

back in the late 80's when i had a Jimmy and toyota 4x4 that was so sweet mudbogging... but they seem to have gone away...

Hey Meat, how often do they have mud boggs around there? How far from Hampton Roads, and can anyone get in? The guys in the offroad club that I'm in would love that.

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing. What size tires you running?

My brother in law lives in King William, so he hears about them. I think there are a couple more this season. They are around Central Garage Rt 30 and Rt 360, not that far from Hampton Roads. Some people camp out, and it is really an excuse for a bunch of rednecks to tailgate party. Cover charge was $10 a head. I don't know if they charged the trailer queens extra, I don't think so. It is a good idea to have tow hooks and a strap, cause if you don't they use the trackhoe bucket to push you out by your rear bumper (lots of damage). In my opinion it is better early, boggs not so deep and thick, and people in general less drunk. If this is the stuff you like it is a ton of muddy fun, lots of big nobby tires and loud exhausts. I will find out when the next on is, and post it here. The link above is for competition boggs, more regulated, and orginized.

Tires BFG 33x12.5x15 KMs

nice pics, and congrats on not getting stuck
we have a place around here that has mud bogs, rocks, hill climbs, you name it.
I'm not a huge fan of cleaning up mud, but it sure is fun driving through it at the time

The next bogg at Watkins farm is June 25, 2005. I will try to reactivate this thread when the time is near.

time is getting closer

Cool and MUddy!

unclemeat said:
The next bogg at Watkins farm is June 25, 2005. I will try to reactivate this thread when the time is near.

hmmm... i could probably make that. i wouldn't drop my Ex in with only a 10.50" wide AT but it would be fun to watch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bodacious is comming on May 24 and 25 I believe. That is in Cartersville, near Columbia. I beleve that they are running a mud bogg, sand drags and cross country racing. I havent been in a while, but I think I am going to go up at least one of the days. I am going to try to get the schedule.

And you are going to want a mud tire if you are going in the bogg. ATs just would not dig enough.

Back