Just got Livernois tune in mail.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got Livernois tune in mail....

schickel1

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago/Tucson
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Waiting on them to get back to me with the tune download. Does anyone else have this tune on their Explorer? What do you think of it? Any advice on things to make it work best or make it better?

Im adding to this thread now on the 3rd day since ordering tune and thermostat. I still have no tune to program in my unit! Dont care for the customer service i have received thus far with Livernois! I paid the extra money to have ot over nighted to me and now i am being told it could be another 48hrs before i get a tune sent to me! I am not impressed with this company so far AT ALL!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum.

I just moved your thread into the Modified 2011+ subforum where the right folks will see it.

I can't answer for the OP, but I personally chose Livernois because at the time, there was a thread of people having issues with harsh shifts and a couple other issues with the SCT tunes (they no longer seem to be an issue). That and Livernois has posted the fastest 1/4 time for an Explorer Sport to date

Same here. Best tune at the time and the updates since have improved the performance. Latest tune I received was a custom tune that removed the auto up shift in M mode. The tuner itself is ugly as hell, but the service and performance tunes are great!

I went with Livernois because all i kept hearing was good things about the product.
Now the company on the other hand has been a nightmare thus far! Still have no download and have been told it could be 48hrs or more before i get it. Definitely wasted my money on having it overnighted to me! I sent all pertinent information to them when ordering it so it could be pre-loaded with tunes and no one took the time to take care of it. Now i have more than 100 people ahead of me (what i was sternly told by company) getting their tunes sent to them. I would like to say i have an awesome paper holder, but its not even nice looking! Lol

I didn't have mine overnight, but I provided all of the info and then 4 days later I received an email asking me for the exact same info I had just provided.... in a Reply to the same message with the info lol. This went on for a couple days until I finally ended up calling after realizing whoever I was dealing with didn't know up from down and I spoke with Anthony. Anthony should be able to take care of your tune, but I'm telling you, heaven forbid you ask for anything out of his control because the rest of the company seriously needs to take a customer support class on what it means to make the customer happy. They have a don't give a crap attitude about whether or not you invest another penny into their products. They refuse to answer any questions in a manner that makes any sense whatsoever and the only time they address those issues is when it's finally in a public forum.
I'm not saying don't buy their products, to the contrary. I say buy the product, its dang good. Just think of it like a corvette purchase, you know its bad ass, they have the results to prove it, but you know its just a matter of time until you get that recall notice and you'll get the run around on a product you just spent your hard earned money on. Eventually youll be up and running tearing *hit up. It's just they honestly could care less because they have enough people spending enough dollars that their own butts are covered, its not their car they spent money on not living up to expectations.
I've said it before, I would never knock the actual product because it does what they claim it does, but their customer service couldn't even pass for door greeters at WalMart, Anthony is the only exception

I got my tune a couple of weeks ago . They shipped with no tracking number. I called, guy told me fedx would email it to me .This did not sound right to me . I waited called back left messages about 3 times .nobody answers the phone. Finally a call back with a tracking number,I ask dose the package need to be signed for, guy said yes. Later package was left at me side door ???
On the bright of things ,I sent livernois my information at 250 pm at 600 pm I had my tune and i like it. I think these people need a secretary to get things organized . Why livernois ,I feel they have the most experience with ford tunes and the safest for my explorer. I do not want to race my car .I just love the extra performance.
Oh and as far as fedx emailing me a tracking number yea right , never happened

I didn't have mine overnight, but I provided all of the info and then 4 days later I received an email asking me for the exact same info I had just provided.... in a Reply to the same message with the info lol. This went on for a couple days until I finally ended up calling after realizing whoever I was dealing with didn't know up from down and I spoke with Anthony. Anthony should be able to take care of your tune, but I'm telling you, heaven forbid you ask for anything out of his control because the rest of the company seriously needs to take a customer support class on what it means to make the customer happy. They have a don't give a crap attitude about whether or not you invest another penny into their products. They refuse to answer any questions in a manner that makes any sense whatsoever and the only time they address those issues is when it's finally in a public forum.
I'm not saying don't buy their products, to the contrary. I say buy the product, its dang good. Just think of it like a corvette purchase, you know its bad ass, they have the results to prove it, but you know its just a matter of time until you get that recall notice and you'll get the run around on a product you just spent your hard earned money on. Eventually youll be up and running tearing *hit up. It's just they honestly could care less because they have enough people spending enough dollars that their own butts are covered, its not their car they spent money on not living up to expectations.
I've said it before, I would never knock the actual product because it does what they claim it does, but their customer service couldn't even pass for door greeters at WalMart, Anthony is the only exception

I agree 100%! But now the problem is i got the tune and downloaded it, tuned my 2014 Ford Explorer Sport and it runs terrible! Not sure what the problem is but it is horrendous! No acceleration, i have just about everything not working on my car now. The traction control is out. I cant place the car in Manual to use the paddle shifters. My front collision sensor wont work along with about 10 more fault codes. I have to put the peddle to the floor to get the Explorer to move when i have it programmed. Has anyone else had this problem? I put it back to stock mode and it drives normal. So it has to do with the downloaded program.
You hit it on the nose though about the customer service there! I havent spoken to anyone that hasnt made me feel i was bothering them! I spent close to $1k in parts and i get spoked to like they could care less! So right now, my impression of Livernois is really bad! Tune doesnt work and i get talked to like i am a piece of dirt! Not a good experience thus far!

I can't answer for the OP, but I personally chose Livernois because at the time, there was a thread of people having issues with harsh shifts and a couple other issues with the SCT tunes (they no longer seem to be an issue). That and Livernois has posted the fastest 1/4 time for an Explorer Sport to date

Could you link me to the thread talking about hard shift for the SCT? Unless it was with custom tuning I have never heard of that issue before...

Schickel1......did you by any chance install a new MAP 3-bar sensor? If so, make sure you installed it in the right spot. There is a spot on the air intake that looks exactly the same.......don't install it there!! Take off the engine cover and you'll see the spot where it actually goes. I'm talking from experience here......I installed mine in the wrong place and the truck was terrible. It ran fine with a stock tune. Once I installed the MAP in the correct position, the truck ran awesome (and still does).

Boostking you are right it was with custom tuning. To be fair it was not in this forum and it was not on the Unleashed tune either.
When I first started even reading about tuning I saw the threads here and started googling for more info so that way it didn't seem so biased. I believe the reviews I saw was on the actual SCT devices website itself. The question was asked why I made the choice I made and I gave my reason. You don't see my knocking the product nor am I sitting here saying pick one over the other. All I gave was my reasoning behind why I made the choice I made. I'll even go a step further to appease the fanboys who can never find fault with the tune they decided to go with, and say LMS customer service has been below expectations and from what I can see the guys running unleashed tunes are more than happy with their customer service.
I think what people fail to realize (just like I had) was that asking about the SCT tunes is a very broad arena on what tuner they are talking about. More than one tuner is tuning with the SCT device or even the AIW device. If people are talking specifically about Unleashed tunes or LMS tunes thats how they should refer to them or I will generally assume they mean the stock canned tunes that come from SCT on the SCT device itself

Thanks I appreciate the response. I didnt take anything you said as knocking the product. I just wanted to ensure the preloaded "canned" tunes are performing to the expectations of the customers. Thanks!

Wow never heard anyone with such problems as this guy is having....

Got my unit, emailed my strat code and a few hours later I was tearing it up... :D

I'd try re flashing that tune and if its the same give them a call on Monday...

Cheers,

Ajar

I agree 100%! But now the problem is i got the tune and downloaded it, tuned my 2014 Ford Explorer Sport and it runs terrible! Not sure what the problem is but it is horrendous! No acceleration, i have just about everything not working on my car now. The traction control is out. I cant place the car in Manual to use the paddle shifters. My front collision sensor wont work along with about 10 more fault codes. I have to put the peddle to the floor to get the Explorer to move when i have it programmed. Has anyone else had this problem? I put it back to stock mode and it drives normal. So it has to do with the downloaded program. You hit it on the nose though about the customer service there! I havent spoken to anyone that hasnt made me feel i was bothering them! I spent close to $1k in parts and i get spoked to like they could care less! So right now, my impression of Livernois is really bad! Tune doesnt work and i get talked to like i am a piece of dirt! Not a good experience thus far!

Do you experience the same issues with all the tunes you got, because I'm assuming you received more then one tune?

Schickel1......did you by any chance install a new MAP 3-bar sensor? If so, make sure you installed it in the right spot. There is a spot on the air intake that looks exactly the same.......don't install it there!! Take off the engine cover and you'll see the spot where it actually goes. I'm talking from experience here......I installed mine in the wrong place and the truck was terrible. It ran fine with a stock tune. Once I installed the MAP in the correct position, the truck ran awesome (and still does).

I did finally get a hold of someone at Livernois and they told me the same thing. It runs great now! I was kinda expecting a little more but it is strong and I can't complain. The hard shifting is still an issue though. I hope that goes away soon but all in all, I am satisfied and would recommend Livernois to anyone. I just need a tune now for my Porsche Carrera.

Back