Just got my Viper 790XV | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got my Viper 790XV

jssong

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
I just picked up my X that had the viper 790xv installed. its the same alarm/starter combo mattadams has. The range is insane. I used to have to go down one floor ( 5th floor) and be able to physically see my car to start it which is about 600 feet away. Now i can just start it from my room and not even have to go downstairs.

It also has the 2 way fm pager, which alerts me if the doors or shock sensor is being toyed wtih. If im out of range and someone tries to open a door, when i go to unlock, it beeps 5 times rather than the normal 2 alerting me that someone tried to break in.

I have my old audiovox keyless entry/ remote starter wtih me. Im going to probably sell it to a firend. How much should i ask for it? itz nothing flashy, just keyless entry and starter. id say about 2 years old.

Ill have pics up soon hopefully.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds good man, tomorrow i'll be getting the starter and keyless entry done. it's got a range of up to 1000 ft. it'll be nice to get into a warm car on those cold mornings.

peace

hope u like it. when they say 1000 ft.. its really 1000 optimally. the higher you are with less obstructions, the better it works. but if your at the smae height as your truck, or lower, it wont work as well. enjoy

Your 2 year old car alarm system has almost no value to it so just probably give it to some good friend. Shops also do not like messing around with used alarm system. The ease of installing them has got a lot to do with the wirings. They might even charge your friend more for installation compared to if he bought the alarm system new and got it installed at the same shop.

Anyway, the 2 way pager is great. I got mine installed at this shop in Atlantic Ave in Ozone Park. I don't know if you are familiar with that place. I did find that the range is getting shorter and shorter every week. No big deal though. The shop that installed it is really cool. He trouble shoots it for free anyday anytime. Okay, I am done yapping. :)

This is what I got.

Attachments

• prestige alarm.jpg
    prestige alarm.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 182

nice.. well this thread is from feb. its been awhile, and that alarm is just sitting in my room. he never took it off my hands, and i never really bothered to do anythign with it. it was what came with the truck when i bought it.

the only complaint i have with my viper is the battery life on the remote. its about a month for battery life. and they only give you one remote. a new remote is $80. crazy.

Okay that sucks. Good thing mine can be replaced with Triple A battery. :cool:

my battery died at 10pm one day. didnt have any 3A batterys.
i didnt want to open the door and have the alarm go off while i started the car and messed with the valet switch.
so i connected wires to a 2A battery and jumpstarted my remote.
i now have 11 3A batterys in my glove box.

yeh.. my remote is a triple a also. but 1 month battery life? sheesh.. and thats on the chime mode. imagine vibrate mode. 2 weeks maybe?

Back