Just picked up my 2015 Limited, have some tech questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just picked up my 2015 Limited, have some tech questions

sjones0812

Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Limited Explorer
I just picked up a 2015 Limited with every option.

I have a few questions.

1. I have remote start, does Ford have a App remote start (have it on my Jeep)
2. What apps work with/in the car?
3. Any updates to nav I have a A5 SD card.
4. Need to check the version...but any recent updates on MFT?

Also, if there are any cool or need to know tech things about the truck let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A5 navigation card is the most current, MFT 3.7 is the latest version, don't know about apps for remote start, why do you need one, you have on your key fob.
TB

Ford has a iphone/android remote start system. Its runs about $400 for the parts, you can install it yourself. It costs $50 a month for service.

As far as I know no apps were ever developed for MFT.

A5 navigation card is the most current, MFT 3.7 is the latest version, don't know about apps for remote start, why do you need one, you have on your key fob.
TB

Will check my MFT version tomorrow...

I have remote app start on my Jeep, use it to remote start from inside work or the mall where I cannot be in range on the key fob.

One huge plus is remote starting when at a cold Patriots game...car is toasty when you get back to it.

Will check my MFT version tomorrow...

I have remote app start on my Jeep, use it to remote start from inside work or the mall where I cannot be in range on the key fob.

One huge plus is remote starting when at a cold Patriots game...car is toasty when you get back to it.

Patriots....I can no longer help you out...Packer-land here, LOL j/k

Be an interesting game this weekend.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405484

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380004&highlight=iphone+remote+start

Ford has a iphone/android remote start system. Its runs about $400 for the parts, you can install it yourself. It costs $50 a month for service.

As far as I know no apps were ever developed for MFT.

for $400 in parts and $50 a month, guess I am not going to have it :)

I saw a Sync app...guess it works with everything but MFT.

My bad....its $50 a YEAR not month.

I just picked up a 2015 Limited with every option.

I have a few questions.

1. I have remote start, does Ford have a App remote start (have it on my Jeep)
2. What apps work with/in the car?
3. Any updates to nav I have a A5 SD card.
4. Need to check the version...but any recent updates on MFT?

Also, if there are any cool or need to know tech things about the truck let me know.

Hey sjones0812,

Congrats on your new Explorer!

If you haven't done so already, be sure to create your SYNC account at www.Support.Ford.com. That's where your MyFord Touch updates will be in the future; however, you should be at the latest version already. MyFord Touch doesn't currently have any apps other than SYNC Services, 911 Assist, and Vehicle Health Report (which are already installed on your system). As for navigation, the A5 SD card is the latest, but the cards are generally released yearly and come from our provide HERE.

For more information on the Remote Access app, please contact your dealership or the help desk at 800-367-3539.

SYNC Destinations does work with MFT for easier access to SYNC Services. For more information, check out this link:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/destinations-app-sync-myford-touch

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Rebecca

Back