• Register Today It's free!

I Sync Card

Brian T

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Ltd
I have a 2011 Limited and it has the original SD card. I have the opportunity to buy a A5 SD card for cheap still in the package. My question is, will this update my Nav system to the latest version?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Latest maps version I believe is A7.

I have a 2011 Limited and it has the original SD card. I have the opportunity to buy a A5 SD card for cheap still in the package. My question is, will this update my Nav system to the latest version?
Which card do you have? If it is in fact the original then you don't have the current MFT software. There was an early update that I believe required an A4 card which was free. In fact that is what I'm using. My 2011 came with A3.
I've also moved your thread to the proper sub forum.

Peter

Just checked, it has a A4 card. Going to a A5 wouldn't really do much if the newest version is A7.

Just checked, it has a A4 card. Going to a A5 wouldn't really do much if the newest version is A7.

The cards are just updated maps, they don't have anything to do w/ the actual system. Based on your original post, I assume this is what you are asking. My Ford Touch updates are free and can be downloaded from your Ford account online or installed by your dealer during your service.

If this isn't what you were asking then I apologize

The cards are just updated maps, they don't have anything to do w/ the actual system. Based on your original post, I assume this is what you are asking. My Ford Touch updates are free and can be downloaded from your Ford account online or installed by your dealer during your service.

If this isn't what you were asking then I apologize

Yeah I wanted an updated version for the Nav.

Back