Kert0307 finally gets dual batteries installed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kert0307 finally gets dual batteries installed

kert0307

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pella, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport and '89 B2
Well, after killing my battery after tailgating last year, I started compiling what I would need for a dual battery setup. I'm using a 140 amp battery isolator. The wires that run to the back are 4 guage, and the shorter ones are all 5 guage. All the connections are also heat shrinked. There are fuses on all the primary lines to the 2nd battery. I also upgraded the wire from the alternator.

The battery isolator is screwed to the fender by the starting battery. It looks close because of the angle, but there is actually over 1.5 inches. to be safe I wrapped electrical tape around the battery hold down incase it ever pops loose.

edit: Just because I know someone on here will notice it....Yes, there is a ground wire I put off of the negative terminal that is red...I ran out of brown colored wire...

Attachments

• PICT0026.JPG
    PICT0026.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 448
  • PICT0039.JPG
    PICT0039.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 451
  • PICT0038.JPG
    PICT0038.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 443
  • PICT0037.JPG
    PICT0037.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 703

Cool

I guess it doesn't matter what color wire you use as long as you know where it goes! but looks like a nice setup

Back