Key fob programming | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Key fob programming

I am leaning toward the RAP also, however, I wanted to try everything else before tearing out the molding in the cargo compartment.

Funny thing is that the panic alarm works fine but the doors will not lock or unlock with the key fob. The keypad on the driver's door works perfectly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Funny is right. The key fob IS getting programmed somewhat, if the panic button will work. Hitting the panic button on my key fob won't make the alarm on my friends Explorer go off. I just tried that. Have you checked what the difference is between the keypad and the RAP module in your manual? Is the circuitry all the same, or do we have a different path between the two methods of locking the doors. I don't have a Chilton's book here at work. :(

Its not the new fobs, its the original 2 that work the panic feature.

Also something to think about is maybe your FOB is bad. I went through that problem, where the unlock button would not work, but everything else worked fine. It turned out to be a water damaged FOB.

Also something to think about is maybe your FOB is bad. I went through that problem, where the unlock button would not work, but everything else worked fine. It turned out to be a water damaged FOB.

Yes, I do indeed beleive that both of my fobs ( original ) are defective. That is the reason I want to program new ones.

Yes, I do indeed beleive that both of my fobs ( original ) are defective. That is the reason I want to program new ones.

wow, im an idiot, i even remember reading that! hahah. Im sorry. Well just to throw one more thing into the pot, my neighbors Ranger has the same problem you are experiencing, but being able to program key FOB's and what not. But he has a bigger problem, he has one of the electronic keys that have the microchip in it, and that sometimes does not work, so that is a real problem.

Anyways im not sure, im not a lot of help beyond that. Sorry again for the stupid comment. hahah.

Back