Key fobs not working thinking about replacing module | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Key fobs not working thinking about replacing module

jdarnell1109

Reaction score
City, State
Doylestown
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford explorer sport
I have a 2013 explorer sport. Key fobs work intermittent, remote start had always had issues and "key not found" appears alot. Fob batteries have been changed. After some research I have found some people having success changing module bb5z-15k602-l. I have found the part in center console. Mine is bb5t-15k602-gb and verified with ford that the two part numbers are interchangeable. Anyone succeed with changing the module? Does the module need programmed?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Here is the module at a much better price than from the Ford website. I have no experience with it at all.
Do you have anything plugged into the power points or USB port all the time? This has been known to interfere with remote start specifically.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Here is the module at a much better price than from the Ford website. I have no experience with it at all.
Do you have anything plugged into the power points or USB port all the time? This has been known to interfere with remote start specifically.

Peter
I do, but I have noticed whether car chargers are plugged in or not plugged in, do not seem to have an effect.

So to rephrase, key fob functions hardly ever work correctly on either fob. Lock and unlock hardly ever work from buttons on key fob. Sometimes Hitting lock on key fob, the explorer tries to start even though I never pushed remote start button. Remote start works sometimes but usually will run for 30 seconds and then turn itself off even after multiple tries or flashes lights and refuses to start. Intelligent access buttons on door work most of the time but randomly sometimes don't work. Code access always works. All other functions of vehicle work perfect so I am stumped on what this could be. It's definitely remote or security system related. Just not sure which module would be the culprit.

Back