keyless entry assistance | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

keyless entry assistance

mikesploder

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
Hey guys, its a newb here. I have a 2013 Explorer as a patrol car and cant figure out how to program the remote for the keyless entry. This is a police package and came with only one remote and it looks just like the old remote from my 2009 explorer rather than the smart key which I see online. Anyone shed some light?

I've never had to do that, but with my old Excursions
it seems like I recall them saying you need two keys minimum to program one ?!?!

good luck -

Hey guys, its a newb here. I have a 2013 Explorer as a patrol car and cant figure out how to program the remote for the keyless entry. This is a police package and came with only one remote and it looks just like the old remote from my 2009 explorer rather than the smart key which I see online. Anyone shed some light?

Hi mikesploder,

I recommend checking out the Keys and Remote Control section of your Owner's Manual, 4th Printing. This information begins on page 61. You can download a free copy of it here: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage Additionally, you can contact our Fleet Vehicle group at 1-800-343-5338 for assistance.

Crystal

You don't show which model you have which makes it difficult to accurately answer your question. Your profile just shows 2013 Explorer and no model. Since it has the police package, I'm assuming it is the Sport.
As far as I know you don't have to program the remote for keyless entry.
I believe only the Limited and Sport have the Intelligent Access and push button start (no physical key). The XLT has the Securicode keyless entry and uses a key.
The remote or key fob should be already programed to open the locks and you should have 2 of them.

BTW, welcome to the Forum mikesploder.:wavey:

Peter

Back