Keyless Entry Door Pad...again | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry Door Pad...again

RBRoAB

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
The elderly couple that previously owned my ST forgot the entry code for the pad.

I tore apart the vehicle looking for the factory code because about 10 different sites told me it was in 10 different places.

When I finally got the code, I entered it, but it wouldn't work. A few little tests later showed that the 9/0 button, when pressed, would not make the interior lights come on. Unfortunately, the factory code required a 9.

I took apart the car door and removed the keyless entry pad. My father and I tested the connectors on each of the numbers, and none of them showed any sign of corrosion, but I ordered a replacement pad anyway.

A month later, I receive the part, put it in the vehicle, and no dice.

I'm desperately looking for any sign of hope that I will ever get this fixed, and is wondering if anyone has any ideas. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and it bothers me that I know it doesn't function. Plus, when we go camping and such, we like to leave our keys in the car so we don't drop them off the fishing dock again...or fly out of our pockets and into bushes.

So any ideas? Or is there a place I could take my truck that would be able to fix this type of thing?

I have the same problem. Subbed

Back