kicker l7 subwoofer ?

Redrig

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gettysburg,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
Do they make one thats 12" SVC 4 ohm that will handle up to 500watts RMS? If so I need help finding it. Ive been searching crutchfield and cant seem to find any sub SVC 4 ohm to handle 500w RMS.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mustang5086 said:
Just get a dual 2 ohm voice coil sub and wire the voice coils in series to get a 4 ohm load. Here's one at SoundDomain http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC04S12L72

It says that it is rated at 750 watts RMS.

Sorry, I forgot to state that I want to run 2 subs to get a 2 ohm load. my amp is a mono amp that will put out 300x1 at 4 ohm or 500x1 at 2 ohm.

Then you can get two subs with dual 2 ohm voice coils and wire the voice coils on each sub in series for an 4 ohm load on each sub. Then just wire your two 4 ohm subs in parrellel for a 2 ohm load.

Thanks, I didnt know you could do that.

Your more than welcome. With the versitility in wiring configurations with dual voice coil subs, it is pretty much driving the single voice coil design out of the market. With two dual 2 ohm voice coil subs you would have the option of wiring them up for an overall resistance of 8, 2, or 1/2 ohm, and with two dual 4 ohm voice coil subs you could wire them up to total 16, 4, or 1 ohm.

Here's a pic from Sound Domain showing that wiring for two dual-two ohm subs together for a two-ohm load. Seeing it on paper might help.

Attachments

• 2_2ohm_dvc.gif
    2_2ohm_dvc.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 141

That helps alot. Thanks, now I know exactly what I need to do.

Back