• Register Today It's free!

Kinda, New Front bumper

mcpherson

Reaction score
City, State
Cumming, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT, '88 YJ
I have a new front bumper finally. Well, its not exactly new to the forums but it is new to me. It use to belong to user JoshC. I removed 2 of the light tabs, sanded off any of the rust and added a new coat of black paint. I hope to have a new winch when tax time comes around.

IMG_0351.png

IMG_0350.png

IMG_0349.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good dude! How hard was it to get put on? I know it was a chore at times since it was bulky and heavy.

It wasn't as bad as I thought for it was going to be. But the worse part of it was drilling the new holes through both the bumper and chassis (went through a few drill bits and about melted my drill). I ended up using a floor jack and small ratchet straps to get it in place. I was amazed how heavy it truly was, and I can only imagine what the total weight will be once i get that Warn Powerhouse in the front. Thanks again for your help with getting the bumper to me.

Not a problem. Why did you have to drill new holes, the ones i had wouldn't line up with the frame? I figured you'd just drill new frame holes where my holes were.

That looks great on your truck! Nice looking bumper. And i like the Rubicon wheels.

Not a problem. Why did you have to drill new holes, the ones i had wouldn't line up with the frame? I figured you'd just drill new frame holes where my holes were.

I have a 3" body lift, had to accommodate for that. But it worked out great!

That looks great on your truck! Nice looking bumper. And i like the Rubicon wheels.

I feel the Rubicon Wheels adds a touch of class, I have had some negative comments about them from some jeep owners, but they get me to where I need to go. They originally came off my buddies jeep pictured below.

IMG_0134.png

That's a sweet jeep too.

Back