LED Effects causing multiple issues???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED Effects causing multiple issues????

HeHateMe70

Reaction score
City, State
Des Moines Ia
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Eddie Bauer 4.6l V8
Callsign
Hooty Hoooo
All of a sudden my fobs stopped working I try and program it initiates but no acknowledge horn but can exit programming. Then Message center stuck on tpms error and reset or info keys have no effect Was told my LEDs are the cause and soon as I disconnect problems go away. WTF Has anyone experienced this I don't want to disc yet till I believe that cause myself. But back is against the wall I need my Miles Till Empty Display LOL

All of a sudden my fobs stopped working I try and program it initiates but no acknowledge horn but can exit programming. Then Message center stuck on tpms error and reset or info keys have no effect Was told my LEDs are the cause and soon as I disconnect problems go away. WTF Has anyone experienced this I don't want to disc yet till I believe that cause myself. But back is against the wall I need my Miles Till Empty Display LOL
You will never find out if you don't disconnect them, but if they are wired to any lighting controlled by the truck's computer it could be related.

What are these LED 'effects' anyway? I have replaced every bulb in my '02 XLS with LED's and added LED lighting to the OEM lighting circuit and have zero electrical issues.

EVERY light you see in these pics are LED.

Who told you this?

What do you have LEDs in?

Gots go search my threads and others from two years ago
LED wreak all sorts of malfunctioning

One bulb in tail lamp circuit with out a resistor will do this the saga was months long

Now you will see that I but high power headlamps and angel eye devil eye fogs

But no way to turns tails and backups

Cluster freaking out
No brakes next day one side dead

Pure pita

Back