Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out?

backwall or white letter?

• Total voters
I used to go for black out on all my tires, until I got the BF Goodrich long trail TA's, they are one directional, I had no choice but white out. They've grown on me and look great, I think. I voted black out since all the pics I've seen of your much more *****en trucks look better black out.

You have the same choice on directional tires, they can be mounted white out or in. Makes no difference, same process....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you aren't a curb kisser, and you take the time to clean them once in a while, white letters look great!

White letters look great on all stock wheels.

What kinda tires are you getting, anyway?

I'm putting in my vote, RWL out!

White letters look great on all stock wheels.

What kinda tires are you getting, anyway?

B/F's TA/KO 31x10.5
I am thinking the black walls out will look good on the black steel wheels, and the white letters out will look good on the stock alloys. The steel wheels are wider, and would be more functional when I off road, but 95% of the time. I will be on asphalt.

I voted white out, but that depends on solid white or white outline. Solid white is a No go for me, but oulined is a go.

End of 3rd quarter

Ok, lets get the word out, I would think more than 109 people would vote on this, Thanks to those that did. I guess some people are way too serious to bother with a silly poll like this one.

1st qtr----White takes early lead, Black rallies to pass.
2nd qrt----Black leads, White rallies to pass.
3rd qtr----White stays out front entire qtr.

Score: White 59 votes
Black 50 votes
I have 5 days till the decision is made. White out or black out?:salute:

White Out All the Way

I'm just an Old Fart from the late 1970's muscle car era. So I like the Raised White Letter(RWL) and the White Outline Letter(WOL) Tires.
Ah the Memories of my Firestone's on my Camaro.

Poll over!

Ok, lets get the word out, I would think more than 109 people would vote on this, Thanks to those that did. I guess some people are way too serious to bother with a silly poll like this one.

1st qtr----White takes early lead, Black rallies to pass.
2nd qrt----Black leads, White rallies to pass.
3rd qtr----White stays out front entire qtr.

Score: White 59 votes
Black 50 votes
I have 5 days till the decision is made. White out or black out?:salute:

Well that's it folks! Poll is over, time is up, finished, done deal, end of the line, power down and switch her off.:dead:

The majority rules:THE WINNER IS :hammer: WHITE LETTERS OUT!

I will be installing the new tires this week.:burnout:
Thank you to all that voted! It was fun. It was close. Glad to see that it was not a lopsided victory. I think we all gained a little insight of our fellow forum members, and what their views were on how they like to show off their tastes on tires.

31bfwhiteout.jpg

bf31whiteout2.jpg

I'm just an Old Fart from the late 1970's muscle car era. So I like the Raised White Letter(RWL) and the White Outline Letter(WOL) Tires.
Ah the Memories of my Firestone's on my Camaro.

x2 add me this this

depends on the rig, off road, , black walls, ,
street rig, white,,

picture.php

lol I'm glad you came to my way of thinging!
unless the tire co is paying me to advertise their tires its black out always! lol

i think white letters, outline or solid, look better on a Sport, which really needs them. On a 4 door, I think black looks better.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back