Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out?

backwall or white letter?

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to caravan to ouray with us for Labor day weekend-
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217397&highlight=ouray

I just got my truck able to go check out kansas Rocks

http://ksrockspark.com/

If I did not have to be on call I definately would go. Looks like that is going to be a blast. I think I may need to upgrade a few things on the stock XLT to hang with you guys anyway. ;) Appreciate the invite though. It is unfortunate that work cuts into my play time.

Now the KS Rock Park looks awesome as well. May have to check that out sometime.

I LOVE OWL tires!

Mine:

drvrear.jpg

I LOVE OWL tires!

Mine:

drvrear.jpg

Looks beautiful! Was it still on the dealer lot in this picture? I think it would look just as good with the black walls out. I don't have the running boards like you do, so I am thinking about a set of bars installed!:thumbsup:

Looks beautiful! Was it still on the dealer lot in this picture? I think it would look just as good with the black walls out. I don't have the running boards like you do, so I am thinking about a set of bars installed!:thumbsup:
Yup. They were the dealer's pics, too. :eek:

Chrome bars and raised white letters...mmm

I voted white letters out especially with a big sidewall, black out makes 'em look like damn cop car tires....

White letters out takes the lead! Late in the 2nd half, Black wall out gives up an amazing 13 vote lead! White letters has made a "Rocky Balboa" comeback! Can the underdog hold off another charge from the popular black wall out fans? There is still 2 weeks left to go in the 2nd half. Stay tuned, tell your friends, rock the vote, and remember, "You gotta communicate to participate"!

I hope the blackwalls make a comeback.

White letters belong on an old man's truck along with all of the crap he's ordered from the JCWhitney catalog... like side marker lights, windshield visor, running boards, etc. :p:

I hope the blackwalls make a comeback.

White letters belong on an old man's truck along with all of the crap he's ordered from the JCWhitney catalog... like side marker lights, windshield visor, running boards, etc. :p:

So say a '69 Mach 1 with white letters tires, has old man written all over it? Nah...:p:

Actually, an older car is about the only thing I kind of like white letters on, however, a '69 Mach 1 with black side out still looks a lot better. :p:

I've just never been one for "flash". I don't like stickers, pin stripes, badging, side moldings, white lettered tires, etc. My X still has the grille badge and the back hatch badge, but when I install a billet grille, I don't plan to include the grille badge unless I order one of the black ovals for both the front and back.

I used to go for black out on all my tires, until I got the BF Goodrich long trail TA's, they are one directional, I had no choice but white out. They've grown on me and look great, I think. I voted black out since all the pics I've seen of your much more *****en trucks look better black out.

Holy cow, and with that you are now in a dead heat. Good luck!

Oooo-all tied up. White is making a comeback. Earlier white was beating black, but somebody is out there is pushing for black to win.

My bet is that white wins, because more people like white. I could be wrong though, we will see in time, assuming there is no voter fraud to delay things:D

Oooo-all tied up. White is making a comeback. Earlier white was beating black, but somebody is out there is pushing for black to win.

My bet is that white wins, because more people like white. I could be wrong though, we will see in time, assuming there is no voter fraud to delay things:D

Hmmm, Very interesting, very interesting indeed.:shifty_ey

You guys are cracking me up. It's like the thread has it's own announcers, lol.

I like the look of RWLs on trucks, but not cars. When I went to replace the Goodyears on wifey's Explorer Sport she reminded me she likes RWLs.

End of first half!

Wow!:hammer: What a great first half! It has been a fun, enjoyable and an eye opener!
49 white wall to 47 black wall. You cant ask for a tighter poll than this!

Due to lack of funding, the halftime show will be canceled, sorry folks, I knew you all wanted to see a great show but I could not convince Amy Winehouse to skip her rehab session, and Paul Mcartney just got busted for 4 wheeling over his goldigging ex wife! :eek:

This has been your half-time report, John, Al, back to you.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've always liked the look of white letters out. There is nothing that says "clean" more than a set of freshly scrubbed tires. I've only washed my rims and tires before and my friends thought I washed the entire thing!

Back