Lets play a game... what would you do next? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets play a game... what would you do next?

dersch6221992

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mounty
Hey guys,

i am sure you have all seen my threads around. I am looking to do a SAS sometime in the future after the police academy. Only issue is im second guessing it. my babies got 150+ miles on her right now. So spending $5000 on a SAS seems sort of silly at this point! I would love to be able to do it myself but after graduation i will have no garage of my own to use and yea basically no go on that.

So what would you do next?

I currently run 32/11.5/15 tires on a TT/ Shackle AAL. thats pretty much all i have done to it. the body is starting to rust so im thinking its time to make her a trail rig/ still street able.

My ideas include:
SUPER LIFT 4", SOA, 3" Body Lift with 35x12.5x16 tires.
winch
custom front/ rear bumper
sliders
bedliner inside
snorkel
4406 swap
tube doors
Change Gears
cage
LED 32" Lightbar on roof
HighJack mounted to hood

what are some idea of what you would do if it was your trail rig? What else to make it super offroad capable?

Goal is to just build this baby up into a Trail Rig and a DD (when needed).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you ever done bedliner? Might wanna rethink that if you havent. It's no fun haha
Sounds good other than tube doors and the ST thing. Get a sport trac if that's what ya want. Don't see tube doors as worth it.
What about a cage?

Have you ever done bedliner? Might wanna rethink that if you havent. It's no fun haha
Sounds good other than tube doors and the ST thing. Get a sport trac if that's what ya want. Don't see tube doors as worth it.
What about a cage?

Tube doors are just something fun for the summer.
and yes i have done bedliner before my bottom half of my truck is bedliner

a cage might be a good idea too.

do the 4406 swap first

do the 4406 swap first

So i think i am going to do the Superlift 4"/ SOA one of the guys just posted up that he did it with no problems for only like $800. so that is DEFINITELY the way i am going.

But i am doing the 4406 swap first because i want the manual transfer case first.

So i think i am going to do the Superlift 4"/ SOA one of the guys just posted up that he did it with no problems for only like $800. so that is DEFINITELY the way i am going.

But i am doing the 4406 swap first because i want the manual transfer case first.

Just did my SOA , perches were $35, and bought ranchos for $50 off amazon, so impressed with the flex now. I do have AAL and the leafs are re-arced

Just did my SOA , perches were $35, and bought ranchos for $50 off amazon, so impressed with the flex now. I do have AAL and the leafs are re-arced

yea i am for sure doing the SOA with the superlift

My explorer has 260k on it and running strong ;).... for the most part.

5000 dollars for a SAS seems a little high, even considering you'd have to pay someone for labor.

honestly i would rather build it myself rather then have someone do it. its actually not as complicated as one might think. me and my buddy lifted his '01 4wd on d44 and full size 8.8 (blake_g) <----instagram account
$5000? you should be no where near that mark. if your looking to do springs its a lil more $$ then leafs.
leafs are the easier way out. theres a pic of his rig on my thread. (first picture) "my 98 2wd spindle lift and soa project"

honestly i would rather build it myself rather then have someone do it. its actually not as complicated as one might think. me and my buddy lifted his '01 4wd on d44 and full size 8.8 (blake_g) <----instagram account
$5000? you should be no where near that mark. if your looking to do springs its a lil more $$ then leafs.
leafs are the easier way out. theres a pic of his rig on my thread. (first picture) "my 98 2wd spindle lift and soa project"

That green truck IS SICK! If i could get my truck to look like that i would be so happy its not even funny. My biggest thing is i will have literally no where to work on it, very little time, plenty of money though :)D) how much did it cost to SAS/ SOA him?
where you located?

Back