• Register Today It's free!

Level setting headlight

Ford_US_explorer5

Reaction score
City, State
FRANCE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 limited leather
Hi everybody. My front headlights just light the road, i could ever say that it light juste before the wheels... I look in the owner manual how to set the level and i find but it's impossible on my car. The manual tell to set a bolt in the motor compartment but on my car it's an automatic motor which set the Level but i have no command un the véhicule for that ! Is it with the OBD tool or how to do ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Explorers built for North America do not have self leveling headlights. What you probably have is an 'export' model.

Peter

ok i understand but, on my headlight i've something like this :

HELLA Correcteur, portée lumineuse (6NM 007 282-211) pas cher

(check the 360° view and sorry for ctrl+v link but i wonder what can i do and i can't take a photo now...)

How does this can be adjust ?

Do i set manually the long bolt and check what appened or anyone knows how it works ?

I've never seen that item before. Perhaps it is only for 'Export' vehicles. It doesn't even seem to be listed as a part that fits your vehicle. As far as I know, the adjustments shown in the Owner's Manual adjust the entire housing Up or Down. They do not adjust the bulb itself. Try adjusting it manually as per the Manual and see if it makes a difference.

Peter

So... I come back. J've just adjust my headlight, after 1 hour to understand how it run. In the box, there's a small motor, it goes on straight and return until the level is down, it can do this with a bolt clicking in the headlight. I try to adjust up manually, then the motor goes on straight until the down position... So i do that : i put the bolt at her max position, the motor goes at the end (on straight) and after i adjusted the bolt like the manual (pages 89-90). It works good. BUT i think it can be adjust by OBD tools because the motor check to be down automatically (why ?) AND wich auto-adjust light level needs to be adjust manually ??? Unfortunatelly Ford France dont care about my Ford US imported car So i need to do it like i can, myself...

Back