Lift gate won't close | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift gate won't close

It could very well be the motor that is causing this. If so, it would be the part shown as #9 in the diagram.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It could very well be the motor that is causing this. If so, it would be the part shown as #9 in the diagram.

Peter
So. It’s a real problem, I was trying to pots this in a few spots and most likely it’s all relating back to this here. On my dads vehicle he has a lift gate issue. It’s draining battery’s and also I used my new scan tool and here we go, I hope this helps and this is something more people need to complain about, FORD SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE NO MATTER THE YEAR. Smh. Poor craftsmanship. Here is the NHTSA link, regards. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10156484-0001.pdf

So. It’s a real problem, I was trying to pots this in a few spots and most likely it’s all relating back to this here. On my dads vehicle he has a lift gate issue. It’s draining battery’s and also I used my new scan tool and here we go, I hope this helps and this is something more people need to complain about, FORD SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE NO MATTER THE YEAR. Smh. Poor craftsmanship. Here is the NHTSA link, regards. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10156484-0001.pdf
See the following which last saw a post more than 10 years ago; Liftgate striker/latch

Sorry I’m really late. I just realized it did lost and the link. The other day it told me the forum was closed and to go to another. Great to see. Thank younfor Posting as well. I did it again my apologies but I figured out now how it all works. Thank you for all y look r time peter

Hey so I came to this thread as my lift gate is giving me issues. It opens half way. Then if you press the button it opens full way. Press the button again and the chimes sound and it just tries to open more. It won’t close. I can only manually close it. We tried disconnecting the battery and it didn’t help. Any other suggestions?
Hi, I’m having the exact issue with my explorer & we’re scouring the internet trying solutions. Did you end up finding a solution to yours?

just close the darn thing by hand... modern cars made people so soft...

just close the darn thing by hand... modern cars made people so soft...
You're missing the point, but thanks for your input.

Peter

Hi, I’m having the exact issue with my explorer & we’re scouring the internet trying solutions. Did you end up finding a solution to yours?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on January 3, 2021, so likely isn't following any longer.
When you attempt to power close it, does sound any chimes? Did you try the 'reset' procedure in post #3? Is it opening normally?

Peter

Back