• Register Today It's free!

Lift Kit

94 ex

Reaction score
City, State
Belding, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
I see a spring over the rear axle gives you 4.5"-5.5" lift in rear. What size lift should I get 4" or 6" lift? I have a set of 33" Thornbirds I would like to put on it. Is putting spring on top of the rear axle hard to do? Any good used lift kits for sale for my 94 ex? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Camburg, Autofab, McNeil,Giant,Skyjacker, all sell some sort of lift for your application. The rear is all the same, I would recommend a set of deaver springs and a camburg shackle. I could be more helpful if I knew if you had a 2wd or 4wd. The ultimate determining factor is what you budget is.

I have a 94 explorer 4x4 4 door. My budget is limited but want to do it right. I have a 2" lift on it now with 31's that someone else did but I would like to get in the air a little higher for my 33's.

I know camburg, autofab and I think spirit racing make a nice coil bucket which allows you to run bigger coil and a nice shock

Is your 2" lift suspension or body? If its suspension, throw on a 3" body lift for $100 and put on your tires. You may need a little trimming, but it'll work.

Back