Lift kits

06explorerMD

Reaction score
City, State
Waterford
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 ford explorer Eddie
Whats the best lift for a 4th gen explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There isn’t a ‘kit’.

Your only choices are strut spacers or modifying a Ranger body lift to work with your truck.

I did the 3” Ranger body lift & 2” spacers. Truck rides on 265/75/16’s for 6” of total lift.

There is a link to the body lift thread in my signature, and a quick search for ‘strut spacers’ or ‘leveling kit’ will turn up plenty of info on the spacers.

Hope that helps,
Dom

81E203E7-A68A-45E8-9165-3F7D8290552B.jpeg

What he said. I had a ranger body lift and roadbully spacers, and had no problems.

Here's my explorer now it's got 265 70 17 BFG ko2s planning on putting 285 70 17 BFG KM2s

20200910_155415.jpg

20191015_114810.jpg

Zero rubbing with slight offset rims was planning on using these upper control arms

Screenshot_20210521-125920_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yea, you can’t beat the quality of those BTF arms. I plan to dive back into my suspension and change all the control arm bushings front and rear, front axle shafts, toe links and outer tie rods this year. Wheel bearings, rotors, brake lines, struts and ball joints all around are already done. I’ve only got 2” of spacer lift but I’m seriously considering Brandon’s UCA’s as well. After that I’m planning new timing chain tensioners, and a pre-oiler, then lastly a tranny rebuild. I love my Explorer, hoping to get another 100K miles from her, she’s got 145K now.

Yea, you can’t beat the quality of those BTF arms. I plan to dive back into my suspension and change all the control arm bushings front and rear, front axle shafts, toe links and outer tie rods this year. Wheel bearings, rotors, brake lines, struts and ball joints all around are already done. I’ve only got 2” of spacer lift but I’m seriously considering Brandon’s UCA’s as well. After that I’m planning new timing chain tensioners, and a pre-oiler, then lastly a tranny rebuild. I love my Explorer, hoping to get another 100K miles from her, she’s got 145K now.
I have done all the usual suspension stuff but mine has Over 500k on it still runs strong only thing with motor I have done is the plugs and coils the 4.6 3v amazing motor doesn't burn a drop of oil. Right now I'm fabbing up some steel offroqd bumpers since they don't sell anything for the 4th gen explorer.

I have done all the usual suspension stuff but mine has Over 500k on it still runs strong only thing with motor I have done is the plugs and coils the 4.6 3v amazing motor doesn't burn a drop of oil. Right now I'm fabbing up some steel offroqd bumpers since they don't sell anything for the 4th gen explorer.
Be sure to post your bumper project!

Back