lift question

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
After getting some responses to a post earlier It was reccomended that for a modest lift I should go with 2" coil spacers and shackles.

I just happened across an ebay auction for a lift 79.00 which included 2" coil spacers and an add a leaf for the rear.

1. Is this a decent price?
2. What happens if I still want to add the shackles? Would I then need actual lift coils?
3. How much rear lift would I get from add a leaf and shackles in the rear?

Help me out guys I bow to you!!!:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by AlaskanJack

2. What happens if I still want to add the shackles? Would I then need actual lift coils?

The add-a-leafs add on to the leaf pack, and shackles can still be added, the shackles hold the ends of the leaves, so combining shouldn't be a problem...

Re: Re: lift question

Originally posted by Crankcase
The add-a-leafs add on to the leaf pack, and shackles can still be added, the shackles hold the ends of the leaves, so combining shouldn't be a problem...

But if I can accomplish some lift with shackles and with an add a leaf then what if I combine them and do both. I mean if I can get a 2" lift with shackles and 2" with adda leaf then do I net 4" when combined or am I missing something.

yes.. supposedly.... a 2" shackle lift and a 2" aal will really only nte about 2-3" total.... its becuase those #s are advertised heights, and it isnt false advertising, but realistically, with spring sag, conditions, you will only get 2-3" of lift out of 4" of lift.. it doesnt really make sense, but its true

Originally posted by jimabena74
yes.. supposedly.... a 2" shackle lift and a 2" aal will really only nte about 2-3" total.... its becuase those #s are advertised heights, and it isnt false advertising, but realistically, with spring sag, conditions, you will only get 2-3" of lift out of 4" of lift.. it doesnt really make sense, but its true

Ok sso if I want to do both the adda leaf and shackles then I will have to do something else besides the coil spacers.

Will that be 4" lift coils? Then if installing 4" lift coils wouldn't I need to add steering extensions and drop arms?

you cant do 4" front coils... you will need drop brackets and such.... or your alignment will be horrible and things just wont perform properly... basically, your options are 2" cheap lift or 4"+ real lift.... unless you get the duff 2.5".... you can however max out a 2.5" duff lift to about 5" with some other parts

Originally posted by jimabena74
you cant do 4" front coils... you will need drop brackets and such.... or your alignment will be horrible and things just wont perform properly... basically, your options are 2" cheap lift or 4"+ real lift.... unless you get the duff 2.5".... you can however max out a 2.5" duff lift to about 5" with some other parts

Interesting then I know the Chad up here in Anchorage had a duff 2.5" lift that he was looking to sell this past year but I wasn't in a position to purchase at the time. I haven't seen him posting on here for a while. I might try to contact him.

After getting some responses to a post earlier It was reccomended that for a modest lift I should go with 2" coil spacers and shackles.

I just happened across an ebay auction for a lift 79.00 which included 2" coil spacers and an add a leaf for the rear.

1. Is this a decent price?
:

Here is link what do you thinkDead Link Removed

Hey AlaskanJack,

Pretty sure that ebay add a leaf and spacer is same kit I got. Also I didn`t get enough rear lift IMO so I added the War153 Shackles, nothing wrong with doing that.

I was going for and even height from mid fender at both the front and back, which also makes the roof racks level (if ya put a level on them, eh)

Makes it look a bit rake-ish.

-oh yeah, I got a four door though! I checked the link BTW and that is the same guy I bought from, he will add shocks later if you want, not the best deal on the shocks but it`s nice to get it all at once I guess - all Pro-Comp stuff

There are some pics of it in here, just go to photos and look around, It`s the blue one

lmeg

Good luck, have fun and if you go where the huskies go, don`t eat the u no what.

Ok sso if I want to do both the adda leaf and shackles then I will have to do something else besides the coil spacers.
You don't 'have' to do anything, it's all how YOU want it to look. A lotta people want their truck to sit perfectly level. Some, like me, think it looks better to have the rear a little higher.

On my 92 Sport, I put a 2 leaf addaleaf in the back, and some old, probably sagged 2.5" coils up front. It looks real good, but sits a lttle too level for me, so I'm getting some warrior shackles to boost the rear slightly.

If you can score that Duff lift, that would by far be the best way to go!

After 6 years, I'm saggin'!

Ranger X! You're right about it being better to have the rear lifted just a tad higher.

For starters, your headlights won't be in everyone's eyes when you're pulling a load. This could be dangerous on unlit, 2 lane roads after dark.

I want to order a set of Rough Country leaf-springs (3") and ditch the stock leafs w/add-a-leafs so, the truck will be just 1/2" higher in back, and both sides will rest at equal height over the rear axle. Plus, that "squeaky, squeek" sound of a new suspension always draws extra attention around town!:confused:

i also just recently purchased the ebay coil and add a leaf. I want mine to sit level or a tad higher in the back. So should i get the warrior shackles? (where then) they are on there way (shipping) now. I currently have 31x10.5x15 bfg A/T. I want 31x12.5x15 (on an 8 inch eagle alloy 589 rim) tsl thornbirds. is this a goodidea? will 33's fit

Back