Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 108 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

I know I said it before but welcome to fatherhood Hugh. It gets alittle harder to work on things with a baby but worth it to spend time with them watching them grow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know I said it before but welcome to fatherhood Hugh. It gets alittle harder to work on things with a baby but worth it to spend time with them watching them grow.

Thanks. It's been a blast. I certainly wouldn't trade a cleaner cut for the time I was able to spend with him that day.

Thanks. It's been a blast. I certainly wouldn't trade a cleaner cut for the time I was able to spend with him that day.

Hugh, I didn't know you had a baby! Congrats man! Definitely worth it to have that time. Can't blame you for that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I hate to be the guy to post the same question in more than 1 thread but thought I may get more eyes here-it's at least related to the thread.

Doing a tt, it's suggested to raise truck so tires are off the ground/suspension hangs. Do you place your jacks on the lca hooks or somewhere else. I started questioning myself thinking if I put jacks on lca-then it won't let suspension hang (my thinking was the torsion bars connect to the lca and even if wheels are off the ground there is still pressure on the lca by jacks) making it accentually just as hard to turn bolts as if it were on the ground? I just want to make sure to not break a bolt especially if you've seen the rust I have on the truck from previous pictures. I have sprayed liquid wrench penetrating oil on the bolts (top and bottom) twice in the past week. Was going to make a acetone/atf mix and spray the night before to ease the process. Does anyone put thread locker on the bolts-haven't seen it mentioned, I'm guessing all the load on the bars/bolts prevent it from working out?

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to do this this sat. Thinking 15-30 mins including the time to re measure and raise if needed?

Looks like more with cladding off, but I'm not qualified to answer your question.

Sure it does man, you be proud of that entire 1". LOL

Get some hotrod grey paint and paint the lower portion of the front bumper, back bumper and where the side cladding used to be and it'll look really good.

Well it is 2" taller in the front- 1" tt and the tires gave another 1". Thanks midnight, I'll drive it proudly w/ my head high…an inch higher that is.

It feels like driving a whole different truck even if it's just a step above removing the running boards and you instantly feel like your lifted :D I actually want to get rid of the gray and paint them black and bedliner the sides/rockers. I couldn't tell for sure if you were serious about the grey or not. Been thinking/going towards black bumpers/black rims/black cap and that's it

Hey, we all gotta start somewhere. I would seal the holes in the rockers and fenders with either expanda foam or slip resistant tape used for steps than paint or bed line over it. Everyone does black everything, go with a different color to stand out. I always liked the XLT wheels with larger tires on them. Good looking Trac man!!!

Hey, we all gotta start somewhere. I would seal the holes in the rockers and fenders with either expanda foam or slip resistant tape used for steps than paint or bed line over it. Everyone does black everything, go with a different color to stand out. I always liked the XLT wheels with larger tires on them. Good looking Trac man!!!

I have to do something for the rust before I do paint them. I actually think I just narrowed down my decision last night on the rockers. Since I can't weld or pay for someone to do it, I'll be going a different route that I think will at least be better than just covering it up or using body filler and fiberglass patches. I'll take all the loose rust off and try to spray inside the rocker with inhibitor/converter as best I can. Everyone has heard of por15, use that wherever I can reach inside and out. Just noticed por15 has its on fiberglass mesh-with my 1st coat down and wet, use the mesh to cover the whole outside rocker and wrap underneath and up the backside at least up a few inches and put more coats of por15 on top. It's supposed to dry rock hard so I think support wise this is better than tape to bandage over or body filler the holes. Not sure how smooth I'll be able to make it (didn't look to see if it can be sanded) but even if rough-it will be solid and slap some bed liner on because it won't be perfect. It might not look half bad.

Photo edit is deceiving :D

Look like 265/75-16s

They were 285s, just not a lot of tread.

It been a while since I did this but here she is
3" body lift
Add a leafs, tort ion twist
33"x12.5" good year wrangler duratracs
Some daystar body mounts. All done by myself on the gerage floor.

96A98A05-D2A0-4682-BED5-5D07170B7DCB.jpg

3A63FC1F-1ADA-412D-B3FA-D8545F469E46.jpg

DF600C11-BCCC-4FC6-AD68-489D85CA7F62.jpg

New tires and wheels
DF600C11-BCCC-4FC6-AD68-489D85CA7F62.jpg

Before new wheels
004B95B8-506B-4830-9F01-70E3C82582EA.jpg

Before tt and add a leaf
7A692B26-3616-438D-BC7F-2347ABF896AF.jpg

How she sits now
F5AA8DE4-58B2-494D-B2AA-6FC577675C8F.jpg

And a side by side for fun
2E785983-8A36-482C-B0D8-64F97CD0A34C.jpg

Nice, how hard were the daystar bushings to swap out or did they come with new sleeves and cups?

I didn't use all the bushings because I couldn't get the old ones out. I think I was only able to remove 3. I tryed everything no go. I even tryed burning one of them out. Still wouldn't let go. So I just put everything back together.
If everything wer to go smoothly it should only take half a day maby.
Same with the body lift. I did it all the same time. I had no issues with bolts it anything like that. But I did spend a full day say 12 hours on and off just trying to get the friggin bolts out of the back bumper.
I also lost about 2 hours waiting for anyone to walk by the house so I could ask them to give me a quick lift back on with the box. I took it off by myself.
Add a leaf was also a *****. I got the pass side shackles off ok but couldn't get one of the bolts out of the drivers side. Lost maby 4 hours on that. Did add a leaf the same time.
Put new pro comp shocks on. Mine disintegrated when I touched them. They went ok but again I had 1 stubborn bolt that I finally took the grinder to.
So I guess all this stuff is basic and if your bolts are in good shape it all should go nicely. Body mounts should only
Take a day.
They did not come with anything other than the bushings and some instructions. You need to reuse all your hardware.

You guys are killing me, I still haven't made a decision yet between the truck and jeep. I did however come across a TJ that I couldn't refuse. I sold the YJ and made $500

These trucks look so much better once their lifted.

Boo!!! Lol

Here's mine but I need help do you guys know the sizes of bolts I will need I already have the the 3 inch pucks how many bolts n sizes please any help gladly appreciated !

You'll need (6) 12mm x 1.25 x 180mm, (2) 12mm x 1.25 x 160mm, (4) 12mm x 1.75 x 140mm bolts for the body and bed. SE3500 steering extension and other misc. BL brackets for the rad support, bumpers, spacers for the foglights, etc... While you're doing the bodylift I would suggest doing the body bushings at the same time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I finally get to move to this thread. Hell Yeah!!!

Here are some before pics of my ST just to show you where it came from.
1780616_824638937577312_5385933325896765272_n.jpg

10341465_824638900910649_2759046748719099478_n.jpg

1507679_824638880910651_4363828453007708027_n.jpg

10255116_824638864243986_345419134124285246_n.jpg

10500373_824638914243981_1308463042267274503_n.jpg

10276016_824638850910654_8265699940417633419_n.jpg

Everything was stock when i bought it with a bad trans.

Back