Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 109 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Now lifted with the help of my son Devlin and my friend Jerry

Put in Prothane body mount bushings, 3" body lift, HELO 16x9 wheels, 285x75x16 Cooper Discoverer ATP tires, S10 tow hooks and a few other misc unexpected parts.
My son Devlin helped do the lift (the big kid in pic)
20150606_123527.jpg

20150606_123544.jpg

20150606_123601.jpg

20150606_123624.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

My mentor and me. :thumbsup:

IMG_5176.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't know you got pictures of Matthew (my 3.5 yr old son) on the truck. That's a good picture. He does like playing with Dev. Too bad my Sport Trac won't fit under the door of the carport to pull it out and get a side by side picture. Just glad to get your truck done and that you're happy with it. Not looking forward to replacing my body bushings. Lol

For those who don't know who is who, I'm the tall ******* on the left in the last picture and Valas is on the right. Him and his son Dev are great guys.

I didn't know you got pictures of Matthew (my 3.5 yr old son) on the truck. That's a good picture. He does like playing with Dev. Too bad my Sport Trac won't fit under the door of the carport to pull it out and get a side by side picture. Just glad to get your truck done and that you're happy with it. Not looking forward to replacing my body bushings. Lol

Well at least we have a good idea how to do it. I'll be there to help also.

This is what makes the guys on this forum so great. Everyone is willing to help everyone. Jerry has helped me a bunch in the past especially with my BL.

Valas the truck looks amazing now. Quite a transformation guys.

Valas the truck looks amazing now. Quite a transformation guys.

Thank you. I'm not done with it yet though. I am planning on putting a hitch on it (of course I'll have to modify it so it is tucked up under the bumper so it looks right). Also want a front hitch that is modified so it comes out the opening of bumper for a winch. I also need to modify the plow bracket on the front of the truck so it's tucked right under the bumper so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. Last but not least, I want to paint it black or (I know there will be objections) do a black bed liner paint job. I haven't decided on the way I'm going to paint it yet.

We can't ever be done no matter what lol. One day when I get access to better jacks or a lift, the BL will come out. I still have lockers to install. One day all axle I ternaks will be swapped out with chromos and the leaf springs will be swapped to coils and either radius arms or fully linked. There's always somethin.

What started out as a simple (haha, simple) BL turned into body bushings, shackles (I had), frame/ shackle bushings, S-10 tow hooks (I had), wheels/ tires, bedside swap, K&N stock intake flat filter (I had). It was fun, wished I could've helped more than supervising, handing tools and measuring for proper fitment but I have to wait till I'm completely healed to get into the heavy wrenching again. Thus the reason my truck is sitting untouched. LOL.

Hey Jerry here are some gratuitous shots of my ST. LOL
20150607_194208.jpg

20150607_195036.jpg

20150607_195027.jpg

20150607_195009.jpg

I know it's weak but I couldn't get up the grass hill any higher and rocks aren't mine. :smoke:

Nice. when you took those flex shots on the rocks did you check out the tire in the wheelwell to see that everything still cleared after you trimmed the cladding and pinch weld?

Nice. when you took those flex shots on the rocks did you check out the tire in the wheelwell to see that everything still cleared after you trimmed the cladding and pinch weld?

NOPE. guess I will check that later. Boy do I miss my AWD though, it would have climbed that grassy hill behind my house with no problem. Hell my 99 EX climbed steeper when the ground was half frozen and soaking wet last deer season. Didn't even spin a tire. I still say it needs converted.

I know the suspension flex shot is a joke compared to most others in this section that is why i posted the pictures. I wanted to give everyone a good laugh.

I know the suspension flex shot is a joke compared to most others in this section that is why i posted the pictures. I wanted to give everyone a good laugh.
With stock suspension (ie torsion bars) that's about as good as you can really do.

Could you imagine what would happen if you tried that flex shot with the old shackle. LMAO. Isn't the 4wd working or you didn't want to use it?

Could you imagine what would happen if you tried that flex shot with the old shackle. LMAO. Isn't the 4wd working or you didn't want to use it?

i did use it but as soon as tire left the ground it started spinning. that is why i miss my AWD.

Since I can't work on my truck right now I can still paint the wheels Cammo Sand like they originally were when they came off the Military H1 Humvee and just for poops and giggles why not the whole truck. It'll have riveted panels and military themed tributes airbrushed on the tailgate and hood. "Battle Born" started getting his war paint on. Only had 4 cans so I started the base coat.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice pics

I do have one question how much lift did you do and how big are your tire's?

Back