• Register Today It's free!

Light Bar

FordxMan

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Sport Trac Limited 4X4
FordxMan, Here are the pics. Sorry it took so long. Been busy with my divorce and going to work!! They are not wired yet. Will do that as time permits. I am sure they will light up the night. They look bad!!!
P.S. I love these Goodyear Silent Armor 265/65 18 tires, smooth as silk on the road and they look really awesome!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• lights 003.jpg
    lights 003.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 916
  • lights 002.jpg
    lights 002.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 844
  • lights 004.jpg
    lights 004.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,369

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is that where you got yours or what are you talking about.

Tires and lights look great! Do you have the Truxx lift on your Trac? Any problems with fitment with 265/65/18's on the stock rims? I like the way those wheel wells are filled up!

Oops, just saw the date of the original post. Doubt he's still around checking replies. Anybody else know if there would be any rubbing with 265/65/18's on a Trac without any sort of Truxx-type lift?

I'm running 265/65/18's and hey fit great no real rubbing issues. Do a search under my name and I have some pics posted.

FordxMan, Here are the pics. Sorry it took so long. Been busy with my divorce and going to work!! They are not wired yet. Will do that as time permits. I am sure they will light up the night. They look bad!!!
P.S. I love these Goodyear Silent Armor 265/65 18 tires, smooth as silk on the road and they look really awesome!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to quote FordxMan to see if he was still around because I was interested to see how he ended up wiring them. I'm looking into doing this but with the lights hanging upside down to keep clearance going into my garage.

I'd suspect he popped off either a front or rear roof rack plastic end cap and drilled into the roof.

Look at one of the threads where guys have taken their roof racks off, to mimic an Adrenalin or just change the style. Plenty of room under there to run a few wires.

I love the meatiness of those tires. Did you have to recalibrate the computer for mpg, speedo etc, or is that size (265/65/18) acceptable?

Hey all,
Hate to be the bubble buster here. But, do you guys really thing that looks good? The concept is pretty cool. But stainless steel hose clamps holding the lights on? Really? Besides the looks there is a huge problem in the layout. Those look to be fog lights not projector beam lights. Fog lights by design produce a wide flat beam (70 to 120 degrees) that dies off in a very short distance. The lenses are made to angle the light down and toward the side. The beam should have a flat upper cutoff. Simply put, mounting horizontal fog lights overhead means your just lighting up your hood. It may look bright but the distance that light carries is not what you think. In putting a lot of light that close in front of you your pupils dilate. Thus the objects in the dark become darker. If you flip them upside down, That flat wide beam is lighting up... nothing. Not trying to knock a man for experimenting on something cool. It looks really cool. But do your research before starting this. So you know what you are getting.

Hey all,
Hate to be the bubble buster here. But, do you guys really thing that looks good? The concept is pretty cool. But stainless steel hose clamps holding the lights on? Really? Besides the looks there is a huge problem in the layout. Those look to be fog lights not projector beam lights. Fog lights by design produce a wide flat beam (70 to 120 degrees) that dies off in a very short distance. The lenses are made to angle the light down and toward the side. The beam should have a flat upper cutoff. Simply put, mounting horizontal fog lights overhead means your just lighting up your hood. It may look bright but the distance that light carries is not what you think. In putting a lot of light that close in front of you your pupils dilate. Thus the objects in the dark become darker. If you flip them upside down, That flat wide beam is lighting up... nothing. Not trying to knock a man for experimenting on something cool. It looks really cool. But do your research before starting this. So you know what you are getting.
To each their own...

I actually think the concept is a pretty good idea. If I end up going this route I'll be using all black brackets and Hella FF 75 driving lights on top to give long distance lighting.

I'd suspect he popped off either a front or rear roof rack plastic end cap and drilled into the roof.

Look at one of the threads where guys have taken their roof racks off, to mimic an Adrenalin or just change the style. Plenty of room under there to run a few wires.
Thanks, thats what I was thinking too, I remembered that thread from a while back

To each their own...

I actually think the concept is a pretty good idea. If I end up going this route I'll be using all black brackets and Hella FF 75 driving lights on top to give long distance lighting.

Absolutely agree. As I said in the post it was a great concept. I think it actually looks like a police interceptor. lol. Anyone remember when ford used those 5.0 interceptor decals? That would be awesome on this ride. I just question the execution and think everyone should look at the function of the finished product before sinking a bunch of cash into a project. IF I was going to do this I would use some low profile projector lights. Anything of size on top of the cab will make some crazy wind noise. I drill the mounting brackets from the top. Then, with the crossbars off the truck, I would shoot back up the through that hole from the bottom with a one inch hole saw taking only the bottom part of the bar out. That way you could through bolt the light to the inside top part of the bar. This would also give you a passage to route the wire through the inside of the bar making the wires and mounting hardware invisible. You could then drill an exit hole in the outside of the bar. Finish the holes with some black one inch hole plugs that can be found all over the place. Quiet, concealed, practical, and a factory look. Or you do as I plan and drop a couple extra bucks on a small bull bar for the front. Mount some 8" projector lenses up front. Then you don't have any of the vision problems you will get from the overhead lights. Not saying my way is right for everyone. Just some thoughts for anyone thinking about doing this. There is no bad info. Only bad choices made from the lack of info.

Back