• Register Today It's free!

SilentArmor

FordxMan

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Sport Trac Limited 4X4
My OEM 235/65 18 Mich's are just about done at 34k. Been looking at all the Web site's for replacements. After much research, I have decide on the Goodyear Wrangler AT SilentArmor, 265/60 18, can get a tire for my spare to match size from EBAY for less than $70(delivered). Tire Rack seems to have the best prices for the Goodyear's, and will most likely order from them.

Would like too know if anybody has replaced there OEM tires with the size that I am doing? If so, how are they, and do you have Pic's of how they look!!

Any help or comments on this would be great!!

Thanks, FordxMan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FordxMan:

I would suggest based on past expereince with my Expedition that you stick with the Michelins. They are typically quiet, smooth, round, and quiet. Tire Rack is a good source no matter what brand, and I would suggest a good alignment and a Road Force balance for the new tires to ensure a smooth ride.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

TQ

FordxMan:

I would suggest based on past experience with my Expedition that you stick with the Michelins. They are typically quiet, smooth, round, and quiet. Tire Rack is a good source no matter what brand, and I would suggest a good alignment and a Road Force balance for the new tires to ensure a smooth ride.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

TQ

I do not like these Mich's. They have to be balanced/rotated every 3k to get to 34k. They are very soft in the sidewalls, wear very fast, I am at the wear bar's. I hit a curb and it cracked my rim. I was not going fast or being stuiped. Had to get a new rim because of the softness of the tire!!!.

xman, dude you need to change your profile. You sent me a PM but you have your profile is set not to receive PM's so I can't reply. :D

Anyway, to answer your question about the BFG's, I have had the BFG 265/65/R18 All-Terrain TA's on since I took delivery of the ST so I really cannot compare them to the OEM Michelins. The truck now has close to 16k miles and the tires still look like new. You asked how they have affected fuel mileage but I have also done a few other mods that have probably affected my fuel mileage at least as much as the tires. One thing to consider is that the 265's are over an inch taller than the 235's so the speedometer will be off quite a bit. I used an SCT Xcal2 to reprogram the computer. I purchased that from Bamachips and I ordered it with several different tunes specific to the Sport Trac. I am running their 87 octane performance setup. Combine that with the Magnaflow exhaust, Zabtech throttle body, and KKM air filter and I suspect my fuel mileage is at least as good as stock and the throttle response and fun factor are much improved. :thumbsup:

On a side note... The bigger spare isn't necessary, and won't fit anyway.

Thanks for the info!!!

Thanks blksn8k for your info.:thumbsup: I talked to my Ford service manager and he said he could reprogram my truck for the 265/65 18 size tire for $30. AndyinFlorida says you dont need to change your spare!!! I have a full size 235/65 18 Mich for my spare(you have the same?). Do I need to match my new size or what????!!!!! :confused:

Thanks again, Steven:salute:

Back