Lighting - What I am thinking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lighting - What I am thinking

Here is what I was thinking of doing. These lights are the right size, and the price is right. They only come with a 55W bulb, but that would be easy to change out to 100W or so. they are explorer pro-comp, and I was just wondering what you guys think?

Attachments

• mvc-002f.jpg
    mvc-002f.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 452

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

another

Attachments

• mvc-004f.jpg
    mvc-004f.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 419

your talkin a bout the lights on top? IF you are i think they look pretty sweet, and I say go for em

i like it! go for it, thats kinda like what mine look like. trust me when you have four of those things up there you will realize that you dont need 100w bulbs in them. but thats just me. are those actually on there or is it just photoshopped?

Originally posted by TarHeel085
i like it! go for it, thats kinda like what mine look like. trust me when you have four of those things up there you will realize that you dont need 100w bulbs in them. but thats just me. are those actually on there or is it just photoshopped?

Duct tape is holding them on! So those explorer procomps look ok and arn't too cheap? I just can't afford 4 piaas up there, and don't think I need them. I just wasn't sure If I should swap them for Hellas or if the procomp and hellas were of similar quality?

They look good up there. Bolt 'em on! ( or add more duct tape, it is really your preference...;) )

Originally posted by Crankcase
They look good up there. Bolt 'em on! ( or add more duct tape, it is really your preference...;) )

I think bolts will be a little better:D I need to go get some longer ones than what it came with and clean up the spacing a little, but I thik it is a go!

put some stainless KC's up there man.....150 watts, those should work

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
put some stainless KC's up there man.....150 watts, those should work

gotta stay black. and the KCs are too deep. I don't have much space bihind the bar they are going on.

whered you get them, and what model numbers are those beasts? looking good!

I'll have to look on the model numbers, but I got them from my local 4wheel parts for about $20 each (one comes per box. I'll look at the number tomorrow.

Are you worried about them getting smashed by trees and stuff? If you're going to Tellico, I can guarantee you they will make contact with some tree branches. They do look good though.

Nope not worried. They don't sit much higher than the top bar of the rack. A few branches won't hurt anything, that is why they have covers.

Thanks

Dude, they rock!!! Rack 'em up there!

hey taxxman are those the procomp 55w slims.

Ryan

I think maybe two down lower in the bumper would be good b/c then you could actually use them on the street legally. As far as looks i think whatever you do will look nice.

you can never go wrong with more lights! :)
mostlights.jpg

whats the difference between the spot and fluted lenses? 4wheelparts.com is have a 10% off sale, and free shipping, that ends tonite, so id like to get this info asap, thanks!

spot will be more light down the road. The "fluted" lens will give you more light up close to the vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im thinking of mounting 4 of these on my grille guard... would 2 spot and 2 fluted work? if so, what would be the best way to mount them?

<spot><fluted><fluted><spot>

or

<fluted><spot><spot><fluted>

or should i just stick with 4 of the same kind? i want more light when im offroading at nite, both close to my truck, and down the way, so im kinda torn.

Back