Line Level Converter: Where did you splice in? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Line Level Converter: Where did you splice in?

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
In My 2005 XLT I'm going to keep the stock audiophile headunit, but I'd like to add a sub more powerful than the little one in the back. Thats fine if the stock unit still fires while the new sub fires too.

My question is where did you splice into the speakers either for a direct connection to the amplifiers speaker level inputs or a line level converter? Any suggestions and/or pics would be great.

Oh and as for the remote turn on for the amp, what did you hook the wire to? I've only dealt with Aftermarket Headunits so any help is appreciated.

I tapped a PAC OEM2 right after the OEM amp for the cabin speakers in my 96. It also turned the stock 5V remote into a 12V, with turn-on delay.

I put one in my old '03 which should be the same basic wiring- I popped the rear door speaker out to find the wire colors, then popped the rear door/lower b-pillar sill plate cover off and hooked my wires up to the same wires in there. Ran them along and under the rear door sill plate cover, then through the carpet and behind the 2nd row seat. It was nice because my LL convertor fit in the channel under the sill plate cover as well.

Back