List of Problems from mechanic | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

List of Problems from mechanic

.. sell truck at a loss in a couple years... LOL!

Since when do we expect to sell for breakeven or even make money on a truck driven for a few years. :)

I sold my 98 and my 97 for profit.

Bought my 98 with 150K on it, needed new front left hub assy, and CV half shaft, and rear u-joint.
Sold with 165K w/some slight damage to the front left fender, exhaust leak, bald tires for 700$ more then what I paid, with about $300 of that being profit.

Bought my '97 with 179K on it and a busted t-case and some electrical issues, sold it 10 months later with 185K on it for $400 more then what I paid, all profit.

Unfortunately I don't think I could make a profit on my 2001 if I was to sell it right now.

On my Explorer, I have almost 160,000 Miles, when I changed the diff fluid, I had quite a bit of metal flakes on my fill cap. I found out this is because the fluid was NEVER changed. my pinion seal also leaks, but I just top it off every month, I don't even worry about it, keep fluid in it,and it will be just fine. i had the same mini heart attack when I ran into this problem as well.

Back