Live Stream of 2020 Ford Explorer Reveal | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Live Stream of 2020 Ford Explorer Reveal

So the 3.0L ecoboost, does it have the extra injection port like 3.5L variant?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be wanting a platinum hybrid. I wonder if that will be an option.

And the 10" screen will be great for navigation. As an Uber and Lyft driver, I think it's great.

I'll be wanting a platinum hybrid. I wonder if that will be an option.............................................
Not this time. Perhaps once Ford sees how the Limited Hybrid sells it may add to the hybrid availablity.

Peter

I've watched this video and in the 2 shots of the engine compartment, was not able to see the battery?
2020 Ford Explorer goes rear-wheel drive, gains serious tech

Peter

Peter, the battery is behind the right front shock tower--look again and you will see the red cap for the positive terminal. The shock tower also looks to be a cast piece--much better and stronger than a stamping.

Interesting right-side motor shot of an ST V6. Close examination reveals a turbo tucked behind the right side motor mount. You can also see the intake tubes molded in plastic going up to the top of the motor. The shot of the left side of a motor is "just" a standard V6. Notice how the front halfshaft goes through the oil pan?

Last, but not least, look at the front differential on the ST motor! Right there next to the exhaust and fairly near the turbo for the right bank of cyliders... Haven't we been through this already? I realize there is packaging involved, but good golly, that driveshaft and differential are going to BAKE near that turbo... I did see a fill plug for the front diff, but no drain plug? Wonder how hard that will be to change fluid?

Back